Tips for Pride of America

ProfCruise

I just returned from the Pride of America and have compiled my top 35 tips for booking, maximizing your time onboard, dining, and booking shore excursions here.

Please feel free to add any tips, tricks, advice you think I missed.  Hopefully this thread can help others booked on the Pride of America.  It was a fabulous, beautiful cruise! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

WOW! ProfCruise what a ton of useful information.  Thank you so much. We hope to cruise March2021, with all of our trips cancelled this year I need something to look forward to and starting to plan this trip and you saved me some time by having so much info in just one post!

I find the list kind of basic.  A lot of this cruise is off the ship-  so alternately- consider doing your homework is essential.      But helpful reminders-  with this list. 

I always recommend extending time.  🤩.   A lot of people aren’t frequent visitors.   Take advantage of being there.  And don’t just park yourself in Waikiki. 🤩.    I go for at least 3 weeks with a cruise.    Cheap and easy 1 hour flights between islands.     

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 1:00 PM, AF-1 said:

I just read your travel tips for Pride of America.  Thanks for sharing these,  I am sure they will help people who book this ship in the future

I hope so. I wonder when Hawaii cruises will be up and running again.  Has anyone heard for sure?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 1:53 PM, ProfCruise said:

I just returned from the Pride of America and have compiled my top 35 tips for booking, maximizing your time onboard, dining, and booking shore excursions here.

Please feel free to add any tips, tricks, advice you think I missed.  Hopefully this thread can help others booked on the Pride of America.  It was a fabulous, beautiful cruise! 

Thank you!

Thinking of booking in 2024.  Was wondering which side, but your tips told me.  Very helpful. Didn't know there is a difference in sunscreen.  Great info. Really.  I'm ok paying the tax drinks while in port, I always figure out what the cost per day I need to drink, to make it worth the cost of the beverage package.  usually able to make it worth it...without destroying my liver.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just came across this post and want to thank you for all of the very helpful information.  I have enjoyed reading your reviews in the past and will definitely read all of the information you posted on the Pride of America.

Also enjoy your writing style and humor.  Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...