St. Kitts & St. Thomas: Opinions on shore excursions

weliketocruise2017

*Posted also in the St. Kitts forum*

When on vacation, we like beaches, snorkeling, swimming and sun!  I don't enjoy sitting in a tour bus, touring islands, etc; coming from a cold weather state with snow, give us the outdoors and allow us to bask in the warm rays of sunshine!  While we enjoy the casual snorkel, we don't want to spend hours and hours in the water chasing Nemo and Dory. We enjoy it, and then, would like to spend time with our toes in the sand. 

If we were to book the Catamaran Fan-Ta-Sea to Nevis with snorkel, when we visit St Kitts AND we book the Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves, when we are in St. Thomas, does this allow us enough on the beaches?  We don't want to spend both days on smaller boats, with only minimal time on the beach and wading in shallow waters. 

I also had my eyes on St Kitts Catamaran Sail & Nevis Beach Getaway when we visit St. Kitts and the St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel when we are in St. Thomas - but those are both sold out at the time - but I am hopeful perhaps they'll open up before we said in April. Am I right in assuming those two would offer less time on a smaller boat, and more time on the beaches? 

Any insight would be appreciated!!   

I agree with Blue on St Thomas. If you don't want to spend hours in transit, just go to a beach on St Thomas.

St Kitts and Nevis have tons of history, which is what I would pursue, but that's me...The fort at Brimstone Hill, St Kitts is one of the best in the Caribbean. The various sites associated with Lord Nelson and Fanny Nisbet as well as being the birthplace of Alexander Hamilton make Nevis one of the most interesting spots in the Antilles. IMHO, of course.

• Like 1