Lisbon port April 7

Caymus88

Thanks for the link. We are traveling Lisbon to Barcelona on the Spirit in September. Our first Silversea cruise to celebrate my retirement.  We have time to wait and see what happens in the next few months. I am hopeful we will be able to still take our trip. I hope people's cruises here will not be impacted. 

1 hour ago, travelingbagheera said:

Thanks for the link. We are traveling Lisbon to Barcelona on the Spirit in September. Our first Silversea cruise to celebrate my retirement.  We have time to wait and see what happens in the next few months. I am hopeful we will be able to still take our trip. I hope people's cruises here will not be impacted. 

Another retirement cruise:classic_biggrin:....I certainly hope by Sept things will be going much more smoothly!

Dear Caymus88

I thought that your date wasnt correct.  The Lady Shadow will be at sea on the 7th April and she arrives in Lisbon on the 8th.  I will - hopefully - be on the cruise before you, disembarking on the 9th.  Let us hope we both make it!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

2 hours ago, Master Echo said:

Dear Caymus88

I thought that your date wasnt correct.  The Lady Shadow will be at sea on the 7th April and she arrives in Lisbon on the 8th.  I will - hopefully - be on the cruise before you, disembarking on the 9th.  Let us hope we both make it!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Thank you.  My brain was on overload

Hmm. Up to 115 cases in Spain as of this morning, including 15 in Valencia area and 15 in Barcelona.

I was going to say may be we'll get more time in Portugal instead, but just saw that Portugal has reported its first 2 cases, both in Porto. 

Every country is getting it...or so it seems:classic_wacko:...….my cruises are involved in both...….arriving in Barcelona and

then taking a river cruise from Porto:classic_blink:

@caymus 88 -  Looks like "our" cruise on April 9th has had a decent number of cancellations.   That voyage has been sold out/waitlisted for months, but is now showing availability in every category except the Owner's Suite and the Grand Suite. 

2 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

@caymus 88 -  Looks like "our" cruise on April 9th has had a decent number of cancellations.   That voyage has been sold out/waitlisted for months, but is now showing availability in every category except the Owner's Suite and the Grand Suite. 

Exactly. I’m thinking it will be cancelled.

or I can cancel now (before Mon) and get 25% refund and 75% FCC

1 hour ago, Caymus88 said:

Exactly. I’m thinking it will be cancelled.

or I can cancel now (before Mon) and get 25% refund and 75% FCC

Working on that decision right now. Ultimately I'm likely to cancel - my main concern is NOT getting the virus, but business/client commitments right after the cruise that would be severely disrupted if I was delayed getting back.

So now deciding whether to go for the 25%/75% or just leave as is and take 100% FCC.      Since Portugal only has a few cases, also tempted to just convert to a nice 5 day trip to Portugal for now and then rebook the cruise for later. 

47 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

Hard decisions

Indeed.  Ultimately the decision about cancelling before Monday is out of my hands because unlikely to reach my TA this evening/weekend. So - one less decision to make this weekend and can continue to keep an eye of how everything continues to unfold.

Latest update from the Johns Hopkins dashboard map shows Spain now at 400 confirmed cases, just under the number reported in Japan.  Portugal still only reporting a few cases (13).

Edited by Dolcevita Diva

11 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Indeed.  Ultimately the decision about cancelling before Monday is out of my hands because unlikely to reach my TA this evening/weekend. So - one less decision to make this weekend and can continue to keep an eye of how everything continues to unfold.

Latest update from the Johns Hopkins dashboard map shows Spain now at 400 confirmed cases, just under the number reported in Japan.  Portugal still only reporting a few cases (13).

My TA will accept an email cancellation.  Worth a try

Im in favor of some money returned.  But that’s me

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:22 AM, Master Echo said:

Dear Caymus88

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Starting in Ft.Lauderdale? Have you signed up for the meet'nmingle?

Big spike in cases confirmed in Spain over the past 2 days - from 589 on the 8th to 999 on the 9th to 1646 today. 

Portugal still only has a handful of cases.

Based on this, I'll definitely cancel this voyage and book something for later this year/next year.

But...will still consider a land trip to Portugal at this time.

9 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

But...will still consider a land trip to Portugal at this time.

Be careful with that idea.  I think it’s just a matter of days before you see the situation change in Portugal.  Currently, 

two municipalities in the north - Felgueiras and Lousada - have closed schools and public spaces until further notice.

• Like 1