Self Tour in Dubrovnik

We will be in Dubrovnik in July and i'm looking for some things to do. I don't plan to take one of my cruise ships excursions, and didn't have a ton of luck finding something of interest on other tour sites. So - was thinking of just walking the city by ourselves. We have 2 kids ages 10 and 8. My initial thought was to walk the city walls which looks really beautiful but also appears to be pretty pricey ($20+ each sound right?). So wondering if that's worth it. If we don't do that, my only other thought was to walk around Old Town, check out Buza Bar so my husband can jump off some cliffs and I can get a drink! I also saw the Park Grandac that I thought my kids may like to run around in, and then a very small beach near there Suluci, more for a quick stop than a long beach day. What else could we check out if we are trying to save some money and see some cool local things.

The walls are nice to walk round but you are correct a bit pricey for 4 of you, also be aware that it can be very hot and busy in July so it could take around 90 mins to walk the walls.  You could pass a few hours walking around the walled town, there are shops and cafes etc. There are also boat trips around the bay or to nearby islands.  The cable car is a similar price to the walls but if you want to see the views there are taxis at the port that charge around £50 per car for a 1 hour sightseeing tour, they drive to the top of the mountain where the cable car goes so you get the same beautiful views and will drop you at the town entrance if you wish.  Can recommend  the Buza bar, great to watch people  jumping off the rocks.