Pearl vs Blue Lagoon vs Balmoral vs Atlantis

rob27502

Hey ya'll.....First time poster here. I've tried to read through the posts and have gleaned some information, but would like to ask about a comparison of the beach day experiences. For context, travelers are my wife and I, late 40's/early 50's. Looking to chill out with a book and a drink or three. We can deal with crowds, but the less crowded the better obviously. We sail on Norweigan Sun April 3.

It seems that there are 4 options for a beach day in Nassau. Pearl Island, Blue Lagoon, Balmoral Island and the beach pass at Atlantis.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Pearl, as it seems the nicest. Atlantis is an option as the aquarium is included in the day pass to the beach, which I really like. Posts I've read have me a little scared off of Blue Lagoon, though it looks beautiful. And Balmoral seems to be about like Pearl, but a tad bigger.

I would appreciate any opinions/experience/insight ya'll have on this topic. THANKS!

Pearl Island is mostly hard coral, cement and decking.  There is not much beach and not much shade.

Blue Lagoon and the best beaches but mostly shallow water, and can get very crowded.

Balmoral has a nice beach but it is facing the mainland, and very busy.

Atlantis is never my pick, but i'm just not a fan.... there's a public beach next door that is free. you can rent a chaise and umbrella.

MY personal favorite is anything that takes you to Rose Island.  Sandy Toes, FLying Clouds, Seahorse, etc.   The best beaches for relaxing. Without the crowds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubagirrl said:

Pearl Island is mostly hard coral, cement and decking.  There is not much beach and not much shade.

Blue Lagoon and the best beaches but mostly shallow water, and can get very crowded.

Balmoral has a nice beach but it is facing the mainland, and very busy.

Atlantis is never my pick, but i'm just not a fan.... there's a public beach next door that is free. you can rent a chaise and umbrella.

MY personal favorite is anything that takes you to Rose Island.  Sandy Toes, FLying Clouds, Seahorse, etc.   The best beaches for relaxing. Without the crowds.

Thanks for the input. I did some googling but am still a little unclear on something....

Sandy Toes looks like the name of a beach on Rose Island, is that correct? Are Flying Clouds and Seahorse charter companies that take you to Rose Island?

Sandy toes owns a section of the island and maintains private tours and allows outsiders on Sundays .

Flying Cloud and Seahorse as well as a few others use a different stretch of beach a few miles west of Sandy Toes, with far less infrastructure.  They mostly pay by "head".  

Either beach is spectacular, the difference is Sandy Toes has permanent structures used only by their guests, while the other beaches are more casual. 

The peacocks and swimming pigs are at Sandy Toes. 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, scubagirrl said:

Sandy toes owns a section of the island and maintains private tours and allows outsiders on Sundays .

Flying Cloud and Seahorse as well as a few others use a different stretch of beach a few miles west of Sandy Toes, with far less infrastructure.  They mostly pay by "head".  

Either beach is spectacular, the difference is Sandy Toes has permanent structures used only by their guests, while the other beaches are more casual. 

The peacocks and swimming pigs are at Sandy Toes. 

My daughter has an irrational fear of wild animals lol. Is it possible to not interact with the peacocks and pigs?

On 2/29/2020 at 11:03 AM, rob27502 said:

Hey ya'll.....First time poster here. I've tried to read through the posts and have gleaned some information, but would like to ask about a comparison of the beach day experiences. For context, travelers are my wife and I, late 40's/early 50's. Looking to chill out with a book and a drink or three. We can deal with crowds, but the less crowded the better obviously. We sail on Norweigan Sun April 3.

It seems that there are 4 options for a beach day in Nassau. Pearl Island, Blue Lagoon, Balmoral Island and the beach pass at Atlantis.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Pearl, as it seems the nicest. Atlantis is an option as the aquarium is included in the day pass to the beach, which I really like. Posts I've read have me a little scared off of Blue Lagoon, though it looks beautiful. And Balmoral seems to be about like Pearl, but a tad bigger.

I would appreciate any opinions/experience/insight ya'll have on this topic. THANKS!

Hi… We went to blue Lagoon last year on an excursion offered by Royal Caribbean. We thought it was a wonderful day. Our excursion left at 9 AM and when we arrived on the island there were plenty of lounge chairs but I noticed the people arriving later had a hard time finding somewhere to sit.  There were people arriving at 11 AM from a Disney  ship and had nowhere to sit except in the sand. So I think the secret is getting there early. The beach was beautiful and I would not hesitate to go there again.  Lunch was included in our excursion and it was really just basic hotdogs and hamburgers. 

• Like 1