Jane McDonald quits Cruising with Jane McDonald!!

Roofire

I've just been given her autobiography as a late birthday gift- the giver was waiting for the paperback to come out, which it did on Thursday.

It will take me back to my childhood haunts in Wakefield.. 😄

So the latest news is Susan Calman, Scottish Comedian who was on Strictly a while back, will be taking over........

Let's see, but yes the CV timing is a good observation..........

Hope we can understand Susan? Ouch! As a fellow Scot I really hope that’s a joke! Susan speaks very clearly , I’m sure we won’t need subtitles for all you Aussies that only enunciate in the perfect Queens English!   She’s nowhere near as funny as a Jane but that’s another story ....! 

• Like 1

Maybe Jane Mac can be the star act on Fred Olsen Line ships, given her apprenticeship some decades ago as a ship's cabaret singer, no I did not say on the Titanic !!! She would fit right in with the demographic on Fred🤣

I did watch most of her shows on TV, quite entertaining, although her laugh got to me sometimes.

8 hours ago, winifred said:

Hope we can understand Susan? Ouch! As a fellow Scot I really hope that’s a joke! Susan speaks very clearly , I’m sure we won’t need subtitles for all you Aussies that only enunciate in the perfect Queens English!   She’s nowhere near as funny as a Jane but that’s another story ....! 

I canna understand the Jocks.   I had to stop watching that TV show 'Shetlands'   I had great difficulty taking in the lingo with those broad accents.  Och aye the Noo.mars.jpg.a53970f6f77409c9e2bdd7bcecd53ec2.jpg

Did these hail from the Highlands ? Ye olde fried Mars Bar.

Edited by NSWP

16 hours ago, winifred said:

I do love a wee joke.😛

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

I canna understand the Jocks.   I had to stop watching that TV show 'Shetlands'   I had great difficulty taking in the lingo with those broad accents.  Och aye the Noo.mars.jpg.a53970f6f77409c9e2bdd7bcecd53ec2.jpg

Did these hail from the Highlands ? Ye olde fried Mars Bar.

In Hamish Macbeth, they had some characters with a much broader accent, Like TV John.

And I have trouble understanding that thick dialect mangling of the queens English from dahn unda! Haha guess that makes us even 😉 Susan is hilarious in her own mind only! And hope she doesn’t try to sing!  

1 hour ago, winifred said:

And I have trouble understanding that thick dialect mangling of the queens English from dahn unda! Haha guess that makes us even 😉 Susan is hilarious in her own mind only! And hope she doesn’t try to sing!  

I have never heard of her. Perhaps the show will be more on cruising and he ships and ports than herself.

2 hours ago, winifred said:

Never tried or seen a deep fried mars bar either! Probably a myth like corks around your hats! 

Stayed in South Queensferry with cruising friends from Glasgow, and the chippie there was selling them! 😁 We don't know if anyone was buying, though... 

2 hours ago, winifred said:

Never tried or seen a deep fried mars bar either! Probably a myth like corks around your hats! 

There can be people with corks in their hats but it was a thing of yesteryear, most people would find them irritating bumping around in your face, fly/bug spray or cream is much more affective nowadays.

• Like 1

Susan's tv history.

Television[edit]

Year Title Role Channel Notes
2009 School Of Silence Miss Adventure CBBC  
2012 Dead Boss Fatty BBC Three  
2013–2014 Extreme School Presenter CBBC  
2014 Don't Drop the Baton   BBC Scotland  
2014 Sexy Beasts Narrator BBC Three  
2014,2016—2017 All Over the Place Co-presenter CBBC  
2014— The Lie Presenter TV3, STV, S4C  
2016— Top Class Presenter CBBC  
2016 Bad Language Team captain BBC Northern Ireland  
2017— The Boss Presenter BBC One  
2017 Strictly Come Dancing Contestant Series 15
2017 Armchair Detectives[31] Presenter  
2018 Before They Were Stars Presenter Channel 5 Replaced Dale Winton following his death in April 2018.
2018— Undercover Girlfriends Narrator Channel 5  
2019 Secret Scotland Presenter Channel 5  
2019 Hogmanay Live Presenter BBC Scotland
BBC One Scotland

On 3/11/2020 at 7:05 PM, winifred said:

Not a myth at all. If you want something a little different, our local chip shop offers battered Terry's  chocolate orange segments !

• Haha 1

With Michael Portillo you would need sunglasses for his choice of outfits? yellow trousers anyone ?? No he's pompous beyond belief and doesn't seem to relate well to people The one and only Billy Connelly was totally brilliant on his travel programmes such a shame he is ill and couldn't now manage. He was funny intelligent and had that special something that made people all over the world warm  to him. Perhaps I could suggest  Kevin Bridges? at least he's funny!

• Like 2

Billy was always funny and is such a nice guy as well. Met him on the street once in the Rocks (an area on Sydney Harbour), I just said "G'day" as he was walking by, he stopped and had a quick chat which was totally unexpected.

• Like 2