Jane McDonald quits Cruising with Jane McDonald!!

Roofire

That was amazing meeting him, one of my heroes! My mum met him in Glasgow and he gave her a wee nod and a wink as no one else had seen him! Well whoever presents  it  I just love any programmes on cruising.  We really need something to cheer us all up at this terrible time and dreaming off my next cruise always does it for me! Stay safe guys! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well it's two years later from the start of this topic and Susan Calman is indeed doing a cruise programme, starting Friday 1st April on Channel 5 at 9pm. The Canaries is the first programme on board the Regal Princess.

Did anyone watch When Luxury Cruising Goes Wrong on Channel 5 on Sunday? Purporting to be a new programme but in fact mostly the same old footage we've seen many times before.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

She is very Marmite. I know many loved her. I always wanted to watch as I hoped it would be about the ship and a bit about the itinerary, but found it was mostly about Jane drinking and lapping up the "fans" saying "hello Jane".

Don't know who this new character is, but hopefully its more about cruising than "me on a boat"

I came across Susan Calman's programme for the first time last night.

Jane had her faults but was much more comfortable going about her work, Susan is a comedienne though I've never found her funny and she seemed quite awkward and dumpy, didn't fit in with the crowd like Jane.

The format hasn't changed significantly.

But it's all a matter of personal opinion, I 've never tuned in especially for the programme, and when I watch it's for glimpses of the destinations and ships.

JB 🙂

On 4/9/2022 at 10:04 AM, John Bull said:

I came across Susan Calman's programme for the first time last night.

Jane had her faults but was much more comfortable going about her work, Susan is a comedienne though I've never found her funny and she seemed quite awkward and dumpy, didn't fit in with the crowd like Jane.

Agree 100% Calman is not to my taste and i think she treated it like one big Pee take particularly the singing at the end, at least Jane could sing and actually loved the ships and cruising. 

• Like 2

Although I don't think Susan is suited to the cruise programme on Channel 5, I thought she was good on the Grand Day Out programmes in her vintage camper van of which she has done 3 seasons.

Agree 100% Calman is not to my taste and i think she treated it like one big Pee take particularly the singing at the end, at least Jane could sing and actually loved the ships and cruising. 

Not to my taste either. Having said that JM should have enjoyed her cruises ... she seemed to have a season ticket for the Owners Suites .... 

I found her to be a bit " Me Me Me " and I turned off when she started to sing.

Each to his own.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I always turned off when JM sang as its not my cup of tea. I wanna know about the ships and destinations. Just found the program a little "all about me" esp with the singing at the end. As for the new presenter, well its been ok. Although the latest episode where she is on harmony filmed last year is pants. Simply because my harmony trip last year was cancelled due to a change in Italys covid rules. Also she never wore a mask inside, maybe she was excempt for medical reasons and i hope thats the case rather then being a presenter......

Ok maybe i am being a little grumpy lol

On 4/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I always turned off when JM sang as its not my cup of tea. I wanna know about the ships and destinations. Just found the program a little "all about me" esp with the singing at the end. As for the new presenter, well its been ok. Although the latest episode where she is on harmony filmed last year is pants. Simply because my harmony trip last year was cancelled due to a change in Italys covid rules. Also she never wore a mask inside, maybe she was excempt for medical reasons and i hope thats the case rather then being a presenter......

Ok maybe i am being a little grumpy lol

Agree. I watch it for the ships and destinations. This version is less about the ok presenter, but I still turn off when the' miming ' starts.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, zap99 said:

Agree. I watch it for the ships and destinations. This version is less about the ok presenter, but I still turn off when the' miming ' starts.

Same here. I have to presume it’s a production choice  to do the singing/miming but it’s so cheesy - and a new presenter should be able to make their own mark on the show. I’d love more information on the ships, the price of the cruise and the excursions. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mighty Cruise Ships is having another re-run I see  😒   Quite funny in places ...it showed a high end  / luxury cruise ship loading stores for its "gourmet dining" .... President Camambert ??

A cheap supermarket staple!

Another programme about the same ship showed luggage being delivered to your suite ... literally ... it was dumped outside the door and it was left to you to take it in.

• Haha 1