Uniworld Cancel Policy Update - COVID-19

iMarco46

OMG!! My full refund just posted to my CC!!!! So relieved. It looks like uniworld sent it to cc  3/30 and it took cc 6 days to post. In took  7 1/2 weeks for a refund.  I think since my cruise was very close to when all the cancellations started 3/31 and our “official” date of cancellation was 3/17.  Uniworld was changing their policies on the fly and it depended who you talked with what you were told (refund/FCC/rebook). I booked airfare with them and they didn’t even charge $450 fee and my parents received their insurance costs back. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TikiIslandGirl said:

OMG!! My full refund just posted to my CC!!!! So relieved. It looks like uniworld sent it to cc  3/30 and it took cc 6 days to post. In took  7 1/2 weeks for a refund.  I think since my cruise was very close to when all the cancellations started 3/31 and our “official” date of cancellation was 3/17.  Uniworld was changing their policies on the fly and it depended who you talked with what you were told (refund/FCC/rebook). I booked airfare with them and they didn’t even charge $450 fee and my parents received their insurance costs back. 

GREAT!!! I’m so happy for you!!! That means that ours  can’t be far behind. We cancelled the same day but our cruise was scheduled for April 12. Uniworld said it may take another four weeks. 🤞

• 2 months later...

Final update to this post...after almost FOUR months from our refund request, we received a full refund from Uniworld including air and insurance! Keep in mind  our April cruise was one of the first canceled before Uniworld made changes to their cancellation policy.

• Like 1