Beach Day Pass

OliveOil2330

Due to an injury my husband can't scuba dive on our upcoming cruise to Cozumel.  And now most of the Beach Day Pass places are pretty booked if not totally booked.  We did find one called Secrets Aura, a bit expensive pp but wondering if anyone has been there and thoughts on it.  Also, any other recommendations for a more laid back place with good food and drinks and of course nice beach.  Thanks so much!

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Nachi Cocom is often suggested.  All inclusive for about $55 each. Never crowded, limited to 130 guests per day, nice beach, small pool, great food, drinks and service.

Playa Palancar is farther away, which keeps the crowds down, and offers a good pay as you go experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OliveOil2330 said:

Due to an injury my husband can't scuba dive on our upcoming cruise to Cozumel.  And now most of the Beach Day Pass places are pretty booked if not totally booked.  We did find one called Secrets Aura, a bit expensive pp but wondering if anyone has been there and thoughts on it.  Also, any other recommendations for a more laid back place with good food and drinks and of course nice beach.  Thanks so much!

Have you looked at Island Marketing and Shore Excursioneer? Usually lots of options. 

1 hour ago, OliveOil2330 said:

We thought about Playa Palancar but there are 9 ships on the day we are in port.  Not sure anything won't be crowded so that is why we looked at this resort.  

Since it's down a little ways, compared to the other beaches, it's usually not as crowded.

Here's a link to my review with tons of pictures to see what it looks like: PLAYA PALANCAR

7 minutes ago, OliveOil2330 said:

Awesome pictures, thank you so much!  It looks like a nice laid back place, food/ice safe?  

It is certainly not as quiet as days gone by, but is enjoyable.

Never had a problem with food or drink. It is not as popular with cruisers, being further from port than the popular locations, but is popular with land vacationers trying to escape “cruisers”! (Especially at lunchtime).

Not AI,  but you have to pay for lounger/umbrella rental (tables and chairs free).

No problem getting a taxi back to the ship I assume?  Thank you again for the information.  My husband normally scuba dives when we take this itin and I either do a little stuff in town and stay on the ship.  Don't want to do that this time.

59 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

It is certainly not as quiet as days gone by, but is enjoyable.

Never had a problem with food or drink. It is not as popular with cruisers, being further from port than the popular locations, but is popular with land vacationers trying to escape “cruisers”! (Especially at lunchtime).

Not AI,  but you have to pay for lounger/umbrella rental (tables and chairs free).

Don’t think Mitsu had a problem getting back from what I remember of her review. I have always had a driver.