Semi-Live Review Independence of the Seas March 7th-12th. It's my 40th Birthday!!!

manders175

Hello everyone! My name is Amanda and I will be travelling with my husband on Independence of the Seas out of Ft Lauderdale! We will be flying down from Cleveland, Ohio on Friday. 

In the next week before we leave I will share some of our plans for during the vacay, then reviewing as it happens! 

This first picture shows where we got engaged on Brilliance of the Seas back in 2015. We were back on her again in Jan of 2019 and took this pic! This will be our fifth cruise on Royal, first time on Freedom Class. We are slowly working our way up to the bigger ships. We've been on Brilliance twice, Enchantment, and Adventure previously. 

Come along for my 40th birthday celebration!! 

FB_IMG_1583013350973.jpg

Screenshot_20200229-170909_Royal.jpg

• Like 4

We have 2 port stops. Our first stop is Labadee. Haiti and we are doing the Zip Line (I didnt realize there was a sitting and superman flying one). We picked the Superman Flight.

Our 2nd stop is in Falmouth, Jamaica. We are doing the Green Grotto Caves and Dunn's River Falls. 

Screenshot_20200208-185818_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-190129_Chrome.jpg

23 hours ago, MrsPhoenix said:

Hi Manders! Happy Birthday!  It is nice to see a fellow Ohioian (we are from Toledo).  My husband and I will also be on Indy of the Seas late November, and look forward to your review.

Enjoy!

Hi Mrs Phoenix! Thanks for the Birthday wishes! Enjoy your cruise!

22 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Hello and Happy Birthday!

Have a great cruise and looking forward to your review.

We will be on Indy next month and will be doing a B2B and also getting married on board the ship!

Thank you for the Birthday wishes and following along! And CONGRATS on your wedding!! 

There are many dining options on this ship (free and upcharge). We will be doing Izumi Hibachi for the 1st time for my birthday dinner and will do a full review of that later on.

We also plan on taking in the Main Dining Room for breakfast for the 1st time and sampling Playmakers food. As well as the Main Dining Room for dinner and Johnny Rockets. Will definitely post food pics from all. 

And I'm sure there will be a stop or two at Sorrento's for pizza! 😉

Screenshot_20200208-190229_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, SF said:

Happy Birthday. 🎂   I look forward to your posts as we board Indy in 2 weeks. Enjoy your cruise. 

Thank you for the birthday wishes! So glad you are following along! Hopefully this review will help you get ready for your cruise. Have fun!

So...theres been an itinerary change! Before boarding my connecting flight to Atlanta my app was showing instead of Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica we are now getting switched to Nassau and Cococay.

Royal sent an email while we were in flight stating rough weather conditions but I have to believe this is why...

No zip lining over the ocean in Labadee for my 40th...now predicting 75 degrees with 25mph winds in Nassau. I'll never believe it was changed for weather. 🤷‍♀️

I guess a cruise is a cruise right?

Screenshot_20200306-120449_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1