5 Star Complimentary Dinners - Now a Choice

SilvertoGold

Did I miss something?  Looking through the Mariner Society pages and found that 5 stars get a choice of Pinnacle, Canaletto or Tamarind for their comp dinners.

Also, noted that the discount for Sel is 25% for 4 and 5 stars, not the 50% I would have expected.

From reading this board I have had the impression that there are other discounts for 5 stars besides the Explorations Cafe and mini bar.  Gelato, for one?  

Any thoughts on this would be interesting.

So, we asked several years ago about just getting a set dollar amount equal to two Pinnacle dinners for other venues, lunch in Pinnacle etc to no avail. We are not big meat eaters and prefer lunch to dinner in the Pinnace and Tamarind if available, not so much Canaletto and go no response.

So, the question would be...…..is it an equivalent $ amount that is allowed or just two Tamarind on Canaletto dinners instead! 

It’s a little confusing in that the benefits now state that you get 25% discount off the $49.00 SDM surcharge.

To me that means they’ve reduced the benefit on the SDM pop-up, not the full SDM a la carte. But they also don’t list the SDM on the 50% discounted restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like to think I am just confused. First it was my understanding that on the ships with a dedicated Sel they have abandoned a la carte and is now a flat $49. Is this correct?

Second does the 25% apply to both dedicated and popup? I think I know the answer to this question!!

Thanks for this post.  I have the Zuiderdam coming up this month and will be curious how this will be handled.  Personally I like having a choice of venues.  I also printed out the mariner benefits, just in case word didn't make it to the ship.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Thanks for this post.  I have the Zuiderdam coming up this month and will be curious how this will be handled.  Personally I like having a choice of venues.  I also printed out the mariner benefits, just in case word didn't make it to the ship.

Smart move! 

16 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Did I miss something?  Looking through the Mariner Society pages and found that 5 stars get a choice of Pinnacle, Canaletto or Tamarind for their comp dinners.

Also, noted that the discount for Sel is 25% for 4 and 5 stars, not the 50% I would have expected.

From reading this board I have had the impression that there are other discounts for 5 stars besides the Explorations Cafe and mini bar.  Gelato, for one?  

Any thoughts on this would be interesting.

Funny thing is that the Sel de Mer is not mentioned in the dutch version of the Mariner Society Pages about the discount at all. 

We are scheduled on an April TA on the Nieuw Statendam.   We booked Rudi’s online for $40 pp and assumed we would get a 50% 4Star discount.  Today we checked the cost of Rudi’s on a midsummer Baltic cruise and it is $49 pp.  When we double checked our April TA Rudi’s can still be booked at $40 pp.   I believe HAL is honoring the original pricing but charging the higher price for new reservations.  We will wait and see what discount we get….

7 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I also printed out the mariner benefits, just in case word didn't make it to the ship.

Good idea.  I do the same thing.  But, what if the web site has not been updated with the "revised" benefits?

We Debarked Nieuw Statendam yesterday.  Dined at Sel de Mer on 2/25 and received 50% off for 4/5 Star Benefit and my Daughter received 25% off for 3 Star.  Sel de Mer is now $49 on Pinnacle Class Ships and no longer A la Carte.  Menu appeared to be the same as our TA this past Fall.