Currently sailing on Oasis - I didn’t cancel 🎉

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

All hail Caesar!  

Even on Symphony and Harmony last year they changed over the year.  Star Class hasn't been a black card for a while on those ships.  They are variables of the same colours you noted.

Maybe he doesn't want you to see him on Cruise Critic. 😂

The good thing is the extra sunscreen will keep your hands from drying and cracking.  Mine look like alligator skin right now.  

SW Ontario weather today, foggy and 4C.  It is so bad that our son's school bus was cancelled.  Owen is heart broken.😉

Hey Andrew! 👋

We are heading to Holland House tomorrow, what is the name of your contact there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Hey Andrew! 👋

We are heading to Holland House tomorrow, what is the name of your contact there?

Good morning Robyn.  You would be looking for the lovely Shenieka, as seen below.  

If she is working, please say hello for Lisa, Owen and I.

IMG_5598FACD6EA2-1.thumb.jpeg.a170351b700ef7bb1e7bea08d69db9d0.jpeg

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Frozen desert, complete with listing if all chemicals 

B5440397-D40F-4424-8C90-EB9503A2022E.jpeg

No different than the stuff they use in the frozen drink machines for those slushy cocktails !

But hey .. at least it says "Keep Refrigerated" .. means theres at least some dairy in there! 😉

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good morning Robyn.  You would be looking for the lovely Shenieka, as seen below.  

If she is working, please say hello for Lisa, Owen and I.

IMG_5598FACD6EA2-1.thumb.jpeg.a170351b700ef7bb1e7bea08d69db9d0.jpeg

Thanks - I will absolutely say hello to her from you and your lovely family 😊

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 8:31 AM, ckrobyn said:

Hi everyone....

I am currently sailing on Oasis in spite of my own fears. Like most people, I’ve been heavily influenced by the news and considered just canceling and waiting to rebook when the dust settled on CV.... but here I am, along with about 5000 others who made the same call. I often do LIVE reports when I cruise, but decided this time to just open a thread that I’ll update regularly and answer questions.  I’ll answer the first one... I haven’t seen anyone wearing a mask. It looks and feels like any other cruise 👍🏻 I’m glad to finally turn the TV off and live in a news free zone for a week!  
Today is the first of 2 days at sea and there’s a deck chair with my name on it 😎

@ckrobyn Hi. Hope you are enjoying the Oasis  my Granddaughter and I sail the March 15th itinerary.  My son is nervous about my Granddaughter getting sick onboard and wondering what precautions RC has implemented upon embarkation such as health screening? Are they taking temperatures prior to boarding?  Appreciate any info provided.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, ckrobyn said:

There were health screening questions at boarding, which in my opinion were comprehensive and exactly what I was expecting. The windjammer is business as usual, however passengers are more aware and fastidious when it comes to hand washing. I used to see people veer out of the line for  hand washing at the WJ, but not this cruise.

i think, actually I know, there is a heightened awareness and everyone is doing their part. There were no thermometers at boarding.

What types of questions did they ask? I'm assuming it was more than the have you had fever in the last 24 hours or traveled to certain regions type of questions.

33 minutes ago, karenemily said:

What types of questions did they ask? I'm assuming it was more than the have you had fever in the last 24 hours or traveled to certain regions type of questions.

We boarded the allure on 2/23 and we were only asked if we felt sick at all.  We had received an email from Rccl alerting us of potential screenings due to the virus so I fully expected delays in getting on board.  Didn’t happen got on board in a timely fashion. No talk of corona virus. A little surprising. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

@ckrobyn Hi. Hope you are enjoying the Oasis  my Granddaughter and I sail the March 15th itinerary.  My son is nervous about my Granddaughter getting sick onboard and wondering what precautions RC has implemented upon embarkation such as health screening? Are they taking temperatures prior to boarding?  Appreciate any info provided.

I didn’t see anyone taking temperatures at Port Miami. We were asked about 6 health questions and that was about it. I totally understand the concern, and there is no way to really reassure your son, other than to tell him no one wants to get sick so everyone is being extra careful and diligent with hand washing. There is zero talk of CV onboard that I’ve heard, and everyone is simply enjoying their cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, karenemily said:

I don’t remember all of them but definitely where you have traveled in the last 14 days, and if you have any flu like symptoms....

Edited by ckrobyn

16 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We boarded the allure on 2/23 and we were only asked if we felt sick at all.  We had received an email from Rccl alerting us of potential screenings due to the virus so I fully expected delays in getting on board.  Didn’t happen got on board in a timely fashion. No talk of corona virus. A little surprising. 

No talk of it on Oasis either. I’m glad. I know what’s going on, I don’t want or need constant reminding...

On 3/2/2020 at 8:31 AM, ckrobyn said:

Hi everyone....

I am currently sailing on Oasis in spite of my own fears. Like most people, I’ve been heavily influenced by the news and considered just canceling and waiting to rebook when the dust settled on CV.... but here I am, along with about 5000 others who made the same call. I often do LIVE reports when I cruise, but decided this time to just open a thread that I’ll update regularly and answer questions.  I’ll answer the first one... I haven’t seen anyone wearing a mask. It looks and feels like any other cruise 👍🏻 I’m glad to finally turn the TV off and live in a news free zone for a week!  
Today is the first of 2 days at sea and there’s a deck chair with my name on it 😎

Its not the cruise you need to worry about.  All those thousands of people in the air

port. Or in flight breathing that TOXIC recirculated air for hours on end. That where those virus  hide.  And the CDC is not really sure how long a COVID virus can live on hard surfaces.  So basically,  you may be exposed to it already.  However,  it Covid can incubate for up to 16 days before symptoms come out.

Enjoy...

On 3/2/2020 at 10:41 PM, lowbass said:

Do you guys realize how much time, effort and ingredients it would take for Royal to make the needed amount of ice cream from scratch daily?

And if they made it from scratch I guarentee it would be something better than soft serve ice cream

On 3/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

Haha. So true. Here is the “Ice Cream” they serve. Vanilla about to be loaded into the magic machine. 😀

655C1B12-785C-42E0-800A-24EBC230A19E_zps

When I was a kid working at McDonald's that's very similar to the bag we used there for soft served.  I imagine most soft served machines use that system since it's been decades and that's still the same looking bag.

It will be fine, I mean you let your kids eat it.

5 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

Its not the cruise you need to worry about.  All those thousands of people in the air

port. Or in flight breathing that TOXIC recirculated air for hours on end. That where those virus  hide.  And the CDC is not really sure how long a COVID virus can live on hard surfaces.  So basically,  you may be exposed to it already.  However,  it Covid can incubate for up to 16 days before symptoms come out.

Enjoy...

So wear an N95 on the plane if it worries you 😉

Good Morning from somewhere very close to my favourite island of St. Maarten 😍 I was up very early today and now enjoying a delicious latte while sitting and watching the wake... perfect start to my day 😊

F6913A8B-00A0-4D35-B2C4-778F466628BF.jpeg

4D286D90-B268-4E9E-8F1D-369FC1848B50.jpeg

7ECAB129-810C-4ADC-8710-A9543CF7278C.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ckrobyn said:

Good Morning from somewhere very close to my favourite island of St. Maarten 😍 I was up very early today and now enjoying a delicious latte while sitting and watching the wake... perfect start to my day 😊

F6913A8B-00A0-4D35-B2C4-778F466628BF.jpeg

4D286D90-B268-4E9E-8F1D-369FC1848B50.jpeg

7ECAB129-810C-4ADC-8710-A9543CF7278C.jpeg

I can hear the sound of the ocean in these pics. Keep it up!!

3 hours ago, trey420 said:

When I was a kid working at McDonald's that's very similar to the bag we used there for soft served.  I imagine most soft served machines use that system since it's been decades and that's still the same looking bag.

It will be fine, I mean you let your kids eat it.

Same exact stuff is served at Dairy Queen.  At least it was in the late 80's early 90's when I worked there.   No longer like soft serve ice cream.  BTW I also have seen what Arbys "Roast beef like substance" looks like when its raw.( In the mid 90's)  I don't eat there either...