Snorkelling in Kona with mobility issues

Gracelyn

On 3/2/2020 at 12:10 PM, Gracelyn said:

Thank you finest 14 that’s exactly what my brother in law requires.  How is the snorkelling?

It's excellent! Another option is the beach in front of the hotel right next to the tender pier.  However, the snorkeling there is no where near as good as Kahalu'u.

Edited by finest14

On 3/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, finest14 said:

It's excellent! Another option is the beach in front of the hotel right next to the tender pier.  However, the snorkeling there is no where near as good as Kahlua.

We snorkeled at the hotel beach in November and where really surprised at how good the snorkeling was.  There was nothing to see at first - it is a sandy beach entry - very easy and safe.  Then suddenly it got pretty good! 

It is not in the same league as Kahalu’u Beach Park.  Our last couple of times there were low tide and the entry and exit was extremely difficult.  Slippery rocks and low water level are a really bad combination.  The last time we were there, we decided would be our last, we are too old to risk hurting ourselves.  (no matter how good the snorkeling is)  If we want the best snorkeling now, we'll pay the money and do a boat trip - Body Glove or Fairwind.  No more rock entries for us.  

Aloha!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, CRUZBUDS said:

We snorkeled at the hotel beach in November and where really surprised at how good the snorkeling was.  There was nothing to see at first - it is a sandy beach entry - very easy and safe.  Then suddenly it got pretty good! 

It is not in the same league as Kahalu’u Beach Park.  Our last couple of times there were low tide and the entry and exit was extremely difficult.  Slippery rocks and low water level are a really bad combination.  The last time we were there, we decided would be our last, we are too old to risk hurting ourselves.  (no matter how good the snorkeling is)  If we want the best snorkeling now, we'll pay the money and do a boat trip - Body Glove or Fairwind.  No more rock entries for us.  

Aloha!  

Where exactly did you snorkel???    Kamakahonu  Beach?     At the King Kam Hotel?   

3 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

Thank you,    I've only used it,  to just jump in,  when I was early for the tender return.   🙂     I do find other ares my preference.   🙂   

Your "hotel beach"  reference could have been anywhere,  so the clarification is appreciated.   

1 minute ago, Budget Queen said:

Thank you,    I've only used it,  to just jump in,  when I was early for the tender return.   🙂     I do find other ares my preference.   🙂   

Your "hotel beach"  reference could have been anywhere,  so the clarification is appreciated.   

I was answering the post above me that referenced the hotel beach next to the tender dock -- the King Kam is the only one.  

Aloha