Fly in to LAX or Long Beach

Lucky2015

Depends on price and schedule...

Long Beach is a much smaller airport...OTOH, there are very few airlines that fly in and very few flights a day...from a much smaller selection of route origins...

IF you can find a flight to LGB that works for you at a price that works for you, go for it...If you have better options using LAX, take those...Don't worry about it...

LAX is not that much further from the port (about 22 miles from the Carnival Terminal vs. 12 miles...actual driving time is about a ten minute difference)...but it is a VERY large airport...Flying in is not that difficult since you don't deal with check-in or security...only sometimes a little wait to retrieve your luggage.  Flying out is a little tougher--if you run into long check-in or security lines (Of course, I fly in and out of LAX all the time and have NEVER run into any long lines...OTOH, having TSA Pre-check works in my favor).

And, fro LAX, you've got seemingly countless options on times, airlines and destinations

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucky2015 said:

Would you suggest flying to LAX or directly to Long Beach?

You are going to have many more options flying into LAX than you are into Long Beach-- I would do LAX purely based on having more flights to choose from (and shuffle to in the event of a flight cancellation for example). It just gives you more options and as others have said, it's almost negligible in terms of driving time to the port from either airport.