Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

4cats4me

5 minutes ago, MsCynthia said:

The oil tanker dock in Richmond is another possibility.

That dock belongs to Chevron. The only access to it is through the refinery, and out into Richmond. There are no facilities within the refinery to support disembarking potentially infected passengers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outerdog said:

That dock belongs to Chevron. The only access to it is through the refinery, and out into Richmond. There are no facilities within the refinery to support disembarking potentially infected passengers.

Also it is not the ideal place to dock a ship with a high superstructure like the Grand due to the winds. Used to sail around there. Also there is a shoal close by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MTJSR said:

What about Benicia or Martinez. Thats where the car transports go, pretty industrial up there, refineries etc. Still commercial but pretty remote.

All the car transporters I have seen have gone to Harbor Channel in Richmond. Across from the old WW2 Ford tank factory or they go to a pier in San Francisco to pick up Teslas.

Edited by brisalta

2 minutes ago, brisalta said:

All the car transporters I have seen have gone to Harbor Channel in Richmond. Across from the old WW2 Ford tank factory or they go to a pier in San Francisco to pick up Teslas.

I drive past all the cars freshly delivered all the time, fyi

It use to be called "PASHA"

Edited by MTJSR

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did they say at pence news conference they were going to deliver medical supplies to the ship?  Maybe miss tammy is delivering the masks suits etc they need to test everyone

Pence news conference said nothing specific about helping the Grand Princess.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChiCruiser758 said:

There are a pilot boat and a U.S. Coast Guard craft near the ship, too. But not there yet.

The Coast Guard ship is the Oak.  Looks like it is heading further west and then back east. Routine patrol.

Edited by brisalta

Just now, glam mistress said:

I just saw this on the Royal roll call.. so does this mean the shared crew member tested positive? So what about all those people sitting on the boat that were going to do a B2B? My god. 

Why can't they leave the port? They haven't been on the ship yet?

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Why can't they leave the port? They haven't been on the ship yet?

From what IV’e read they were told to wait while their luggage was removed from the ship and once it was ready they could leave to go get it.

• Like 1

you know there are only so many crises that one line can handle at any one time. ...DP is far from over, GP is unfolding and just begun and now this RP with really no explanation given to all these people waiting who now cannot leave.  Princess needs a serious crisis management team....their top brass must be really to explode.

• Like 3