Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

4cats4me

1 minute ago, tlovesdis said:

I don’t think the will round us up at this point.  We are past the 14 day incubation period.  We have already been contacted by Princess and by our county health departments on what to do if we have symptoms.

Oh good to know but thosr two on Regal is of concern 

2 minutes ago, dchip said:

Wow, they didn’t cancel the Grand on 3-22!! I guess we will continue to wait it out. We are on a move over offer. 🤦‍♀️

Denise 

Maybe they will arrange a virtual cruise for you? Put you all in a large hotel and have you wear VR headsets. 😉

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

I received this alert from SF officials, intended ONLY for those with family members aboard the Grand:

Relatives of guests on the Grand Princess Cruise can call a family assistance hotline: 888-358-8055 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, need2cruisesoon said:

They will, we are on the 3/29 cruise.

Just a matter of time.

Since we live in the East Bay, it makes waiting it out much easier for us. I feel sad for those that have long flights. 

Cheers, Denise 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Looks like they ate dessert first!

Very small portion of dinner, but if pax are inactive, enough. They did a reasonable job on Diamond with the food, saw some pics.

1 hour ago, flyguyjake said:

Posted by someone on the ship

To me it looks a long tender ride, they are still 20 miles away from SF are they not. Was it a Grand Princess tender?

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

My daughter is on this ship (inside cabin). Food service has been slow and selections have been reduced somewhat, but she says there has been no shortage of food for them. Regardless, they are not very hungry because all they are doing is sitting around in their cabin.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, releck97 said:

My daughter is on this ship (inside cabin). Food service has been slow and selections have been reduced somewhat, but she says there has been no shortage of food for them. Regardless, they are not very hungry because all they are doing is sitting around in their cabin.

Hugs and prayers you will see her soon!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think Oakland is a logical choice.  So many of these passengers on San Francisco based sailings are from the area.   For those that test negative, I wonder if there is any room in their policies for some self imposed quarantines at home.  It’s already in the community spread phase in California anyway....not that more is better but seems like the cat is already out of the bag.  

The cat is out of the bag, but slowing the spread through self-quarantine/social distancing is important. We would rather have 100 cases hitting our hospitals today and 100 in 2 weeks, than 200 today. 

• Like 5

Is this WCKitchen Team a charity or do they expect payment from Princess or the US Government ? I believe they assisted re food in the Diamond Princess incident.

My best wishes to all pax and crew on board Grand Princess.  Please, 'Come Back New.'

Edited by NSWP

they seem to be a volunteer run operation and were in Yokohama, Puerto Rico etc.  It sure seems like someone should make a substantial contribution to their organization...what challenging work to supply a cruise ship this large.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

they seem to be a volunteer run operation and were in Yokohama, Puerto Rico etc.  It sure seems like someone should make a substantial contribution to their organization...what challenging work to supply a cruise ship this large.

Thank you, it seems they do great work in emergencies, as you said someone should 'chip in' with a substantial donation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OceanPatter said:

Thank you, chengkp75, for your continued presence on these boards and for your incredible knowledge.

I agree, he has amazing knowledge of maritime technology, I think he is/was a ship's engineer/ships technical officer, something like that.

• Like 1