Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

4cats4me

3 hours ago, caribill said:

And I have seen nothing that says they will not be in quarantine at two bases in California or in bases in Texas and Georgia.

The other posts about at-home quarantining have to do with local cases, not the the passengers from the Grand.

CA Governor Newsom said at his press conference yesterday that some passengers will be housed in hotels/motels they’ve rented https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/california-governor-newsom-updates-on-coronavirus-mcas-miramar-expected-to-receive-cruise-passengers/509-060f6520-c5ea-42ba-97b7-4be119d5f9de

I posted that they were using the Asilomar state conference site/hotel in Monterey for up to 24 passengers last night when someone sent me a text about it. https://www.thecalifornian.com/story/news/2020/03/10/grand-princess-evacuees-coronavirus-headed-monterey-county-covid-19-california-cruis-ship/5016334002/

4 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

I sure hope so that's outrageous otherwise.

Seems not as happy as they were postcasting on board the Grand.
These two don’t sound or look well.  Are they sick?

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 1

Just now, NorthwestCruiser said:

I thought that the Vice President said that everybody onboard was going to be tested?    I'm a bit unclear on what the plan is now.

Yup they will all be tested "eventually". Not sure in what city, state or country. The Canadians weren't tested until they got back to their country and so far 1 has tested positive.

6 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

This is a disgrace, they should keep them in their cabins until they know the bus can depart, no excuse for this treatment. There had better at least be a bathroom on that bus. 

47 minutes ago, Shanlon42 said:

AND no reason to think all cruise lines will not  follow. they can't continue to risk these situations and the ships would be going out with few passengers. Glad they came to this conclusion.

Edited by kathy49
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

And this is not Princess' fault. The entire evacuation and its procedures is being run by the US Government.

Not quite. The States are coodinating and executing their own activities as well. Hence you have California, Nevada and Texas securing transportation and setting up quarentine quarters within their States. 

16 hours ago, caribill said:

And this is not Princess' fault. The entire evacuation and its procedures is being run by the US Government.

Kind of hard to excuse Princess here. They transferred crew between ships after having 700 people get infected on one of their ships. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Kind of hard to excuse Princess here. They transferred crew between ships after having 700 people get infected on one of their ships. 

Seriously?  First of all, all cruiselines do this and next, all those crew members have tested negative?  How could anyone blame Princess for this?  

• Like 6

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

Seriously?  First of all, all cruiselines do this and next, all those crew members have tested negative?  How could anyone blame Princess for this?  

How stupid does a company have to be to transfer people between ships during a global outbreak? I am not saying that caused their situation. I am saying it was ridiculously bad forethought to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

How stupid does a company have to be to transfer people between ships during a global outbreak? I am not saying that caused their situation. I am saying it was ridiculously bad forethought to do it.

Or passengers ... oh my!!  Really??  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Because it's a needless risk.

If all the crew members who were transshipped were healthy, it's just blind luck.

• Like 1