Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

4cats4me

48 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

I don't know if it was necessary.  They did it on the Diamond to great publicity so it would seem it would be needed on the other ships, the Grand, Ruby, and Coral.  But as Roberto256 said maybe they just did it "to improve public perception".

I also think that when diamond occured, princess was assuming that just one ship would be involved.

Here the link that was posted previously with the RFP to clean and sanitize diamond princess.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22495-princess-issues-rfp-to-clean-and-sanitize-diamond-princess.html?fbclid=IwAR3NaIjiHFxsuErzbPWEGxUGg7kjBjkHEpApXA9aTEAOdQw4K4M46eRLMc0

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

So in other words, no, they are not going to throw away all the mattresses, linens, towels, etc., like they did with the Diamond.

Please explain how you came to that conclusion with appropriate citations.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Gee, you were the source and the citation is your own post.  You, not me, reported what they were doing with the Grand and if you are indeed correct, it is very different than what they did with the Diamond where they hired a company to replace mattresses, linens, towels, etc.  That was well documented here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

This is a chat forum, not a court of law.

No one here is writing their doctoral thesis, with appropriate citations.

I am certain that my casual posts don't rise to your level of rigor.

I think it would be best if you simply kill-filed me, knowning

that I didnt even stay in a holiday-inn express yesterday.

(reference to a US Television ad where guy is really smart because he stayed in HI express)

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Gee, you were the source and the citation is your own post.  You, not me, reported what they were doing with the Grand and if you are indeed correct, it is very different than what they did with the Diamond where they hired a company to replace mattresses, linens, towels, etc.  That was well documented here.

Except what I posted did not say what you think it said.

Grand Princess status update from https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/grand-princess-updates.html

April 7, 2020 2:00PM PT

Grand Princess Update

Today, Grand Princess was authorized by local authorities to dock temporarily at the Port of San Francisco to take on necessary provisions and will be departing today or tomorrow. Plans for where she will be positioned during the pause of Princess Cruises global fleet are being finalized.

The health and safety of our crew remains a top priority. Prior to the crew quarantine, testing was done on any crew member who showed symptoms of COVID-19. Crew with symptoms were medically disembarked, or isolated on board until they met the CDC definition for recovery. All crew were quarantined for 14 days to monitor symptoms and to reduce the possibility of transmission if they became symptomatic. This quarantine plan was developed and implemented under the guidelines of the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program. Since the quarantine period ended Saturday, we have one crew member still in isolation for COVID-19. They will remain in isolation until April 9 when they are anticipated to meet the CDC definition of recovery. Currently there are 614 crewmembers on board.

Princess Cruises did work with numerous governments on the repatriation of guests and crew members prior to the quarantine including the Philippines. The government of the Philippines repatriated 438 crew members and six guests on a chartered flight prior to the crew quarantine, some crew members remained as they had symptoms and were not fit to travel.

Currently, Princess Cruises is working on a crew repatriation plan across the fleet that is still being finalized. In the interim, all crew fleetwide will remain onboard in the care of Princess until which time a plan of repatriation can be successfully executed.

• Thanks 1