Cruising in April while pregnant

Kelseyterp

Hi all,

I’m new to these forums so bear with me. We have a NCL cruise to Bermuda booked for April 6.  My husband and I will be taking my two teenage stepsons, and I will be 16 weeks pregnant at that time.  Becoming very concerned about the Coronavirus... my doctor gave me the go-ahead beginning of last week but that was before all these new cases in the U.S.  We did buy cancel for any reason insurance, but we so need this vacation! 

You are no more likely to come into contact with coronavirus on a cruise than you would be staying home, and doing your regular errands.  Just use good hygiene practices...wash hands frequently and thoroughly, and learn to STOP TOUCHING your eyes, nose and mouth!

Hi, I'm so sorry, I'd also be very worried if I were you. Maybe you can reschedule your vacation for a few months? In general the probability of getting infected is not so high, of course, but there's still a risk, especially since you are pregnant

Hi Ava! We will definitely be cancelling at this point. NCL is offering a credit toward a future cruise now and allowing you to cancel up till 48 hours ahead of time. Cruiselines don’t allow you to board after 24 weeks so no vacation for us this year 😞 maybe we’ll go with baby/toddler in tow in a year or two.  Ton of money down the tube that will get spent later....

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 3:32 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you mean - NCL didn't cancel its cruises? MSC and Princess and RCI already cancelled most of their cruises.

Our April 5th Caribbean cruise on MSC got cancelled and I already applied for a refund.

Hi there. A lot has changed since I posted this on March 2.  Will be contacting NCL tomorrow per their request to wait til the 23rd to request a full refund. Too difficult to know if I’ll be able to use a cruise credit with a baby in tow.  Maybe I’ll get to cruise in a few years!   Everyone stay safe

21 minutes ago, Kelseyterp said:

Hi there. A lot has changed since I posted this on March 2.  Will be contacting NCL tomorrow per their request to wait til the 23rd to request a full refund. Too difficult to know if I’ll be able to use a cruise credit with a baby in tow.  Maybe I’ll get to cruise in a few years!   Everyone stay safe

check out Family cruising board - a lot of people do cruise with a little baby or a toddler. Not my cup of tea, though, so we left DS with my parents while we cruised when he was 9 month old and 2 yo. He started cruising with us at 3.