Anyone who had their final payment date pushed back...

Hllb

Were  you booked through a TA? Did they recognize the change in date and push final date back too?

Our cruise is in July and I’m hoping the final payment date gets pushed back. But I’m with a TA and not sure if they’ll comply. If it comes down to it, can I have the reservation pulled from the TA? I’d obviously prefer not too, but if that’s the only way to get the later payment date (if in fact they offer that for our cruise out of Venice) I’ll do it.

Edited by Hllb

My final payment date was changed, but I booked directly with Celebrity. I called my vacation planner and she offered the change without me asking.

I’d call your TA and ask about the payment date. I have no clue if you can transfer your booking to Celebrity.

9 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

My final payment date was changed, but I booked directly with Celebrity. I called my vacation planner and she offered the change without me asking.

I’d call your TA and ask about the payment date. I have no clue if you can transfer your booking to Celebrity.

Thanks, I will call them eventually but until it gets closer (I’m one month from final payment) it’s all just theory.  I want to not make more work for the TAs until necessary (and avoid a long hold time too LOL)

No matter when your TA requires final payment the thing that matters is Celebrity’s final payment date.  Our TA processes final payment t 3-4 weeks before Celebrity’s final payment date.  We made final payment on a upcoming cruise  via the TA and after our payment was processed there were 2 separate price drops by X, I called the TA and in both cases a refund was issued.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

No matter when your TA requires final payment the thing that matters is Celebrity’s final payment date.  Our TA processes final payment t 3-4 weeks before Celebrity’s final payment date.  We made final payment on a upcoming cruise  via the TA and after our payment was processed there were 2 separate price drops by X, I called the TA and in both cases a refund was issued.

That’s good to know! Our date is 12 days before Celebrity’s. I’ll have to verify that with my TA when the time gets closer. I really hope they push my final payment date a month or two. It would be a big relief for me.

12 minutes ago, Hllb said:

Thanks, I will call them eventually but until it gets closer (I’m one month from final payment) it’s all just theory.  I want to not make more work for the TAs until necessary (and avoid a long hold time too LOL)

I waited to call until five days before our final payment was due. Things are changing so rapidly that I wanted enough time to have as much information as possible before we made our decision. Thankfully we have another 30 days and a lot could happen in that time.

• Like 1

Our final payment is pushed back for another 30 days for our Europe cruise in June after a quick call to our Celebrity vacation planner.  Now we have another month to wait and see if the situation will improve.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Are they pushing final payment dates back for all cruises that include Italy ports?  My cruise is not until August but it includes Rome.

Best to call and ask Celebrity.  The only official word will come from them.

18 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Are they pushing final payment dates back for all cruises that include Italy ports?  My cruise is not until August but it includes Rome.

All I've seen so far are those cruises whose final payment dates are in the next couple of weeks (I believe cruises through mid June). I'm anticipating more added as this keeps going, but who knows.

• In order to enhance our guestscruising experience, we are pleased to advise our current penalty schedule will be adjusted to allow flexibility leading up to final payment.
  • Currently our penalty schedule requires final payment at 90 days prior to sailing. The updated penalty schedule, will now permit final payment date at 60 days prior to sailing for both refundable and non-refundable deposits.
  • Our new penalty schedule effective February 28, 2020 is being enhanced to allow even more time for our guests to fully commit to their upcoming cruise vacation.
  • Guests who have obtained travel protection with Celebrity Cruises will continue to receive the same benefits and coverage. Those guests who purchased travel protection independently, will need to contact their coverage provider.
  • New Penalty Schedule effective on February 28, 2020 through March 13, 2020 and applicable for European sailings departing May 1, 2020 through June 6, 2020. North America Bookings Only (US, Canada, Puerto Rico), cancelling between 2/29/20 through 3/13/20, FIT and Groups Bookings.image.png.53ca30fd9343d02400f15371f4e20b4f.pngimage.png.b86ffe341fc190205b44d09a97443adf.png
Edited by Love2cruise77
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:
  • In order to enhance our guestscruising experience, we are pleased to advise our current penalty schedule will be adjusted to allow flexibility leading up to final payment.
  • Currently our penalty schedule requires final payment at 90 days prior to sailing. The updated penalty schedule, will now permit final payment date at 60 days prior to sailing for both refundable and non-refundable deposits.
  • Our new penalty schedule effective February 28, 2020 is being enhanced to allow even more time for our guests to fully commit to their upcoming cruise vacation.
  • Guests who have obtained travel protection with Celebrity Cruises will continue to receive the same benefits and coverage. Those guests who purchased travel protection independently, will need to contact their coverage provider.
  • New Penalty Schedule effective on February 28, 2020 through March 13, 2020 and applicable for European sailings departing May 1, 2020 through June 6, 2020. North America Bookings Only (US, Canada, Puerto Rico), cancelling between 2/29/20 through 3/13/20, FIT and Groups Bookings.image.png.53ca30fd9343d02400f15371f4e20b4f.pngimage.png.b86ffe341fc190205b44d09a97443adf.png

Is this posted on their website now?  Great info.  Hoping they extend that to our July cruise.

I called to see if our final payment date of 3/24 for our Constellation cruise on 6/22 out of Venice would be pushed back and it was, but it does not reflect anywhere on my reservation.  I have nothing in writing to confirm this either, but the posts on this thread make me feel better🙂

We are due to sail on June 15th from Rome...we checked with our TA and so far we have our final payment pushed out by only one week.  It is now due on March 10.  I called Celebrity and they informed me that I would have to go through my TA and I did and they called Celebrity and was informed that it was only for cruise up to June 6.  Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much....

2 minutes ago, Ironore88 said:

We are due to sail on June 15th from Rome...we checked with our TA and so far we have our final payment pushed out by only one week.  It is now due on March 10.  I called Celebrity and they informed me that I would have to go through my TA and I did and they called Celebrity and was informed that it was only for cruise up to June 6.  Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much....

The information and chart in post #13 seem to reflect the June 6 cut off date.

1 hour ago, CruiserMickey said:

I am thankful at Celebrity has extended that offer to my June 12 sailing

7 minutes ago, Ironore88 said:

I called Celebrity and they informed me that I would have to go through my TA and I did and they called Celebrity and was informed that it was only for cruise up to June 6.  Any insights you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much....

Ironore88, see post #16 above, might try a different agent....

We are supposed to sail out of Barcelona on June 20th. My travel agent called Celebrity 2 days ago and they are not pushing our final payment date back...YET. I will try again next week. At this point, we will probably cancel if they don't change it to 60 days. We have 2 Italy stops. 

Edited by mrsbos