Gty cabin just assigned- adjoining cabin question

We just had our OV Gty cabin assigned for an upcoming Navigator cruise.  We were assigned Category 2N.  This appears to be an adjoining cabin.  Because it's adjoining, I'm thinking we get a chair instead of the sofa. 🙁   Does anyone know if this is correct?

8 minutes ago, discru said:

We just had our OV Gty cabin assigned for an upcoming Navigator cruise.  We were assigned Category 2N.  This appears to be an adjoining cabin.  Because it's adjoining, I'm thinking we get a chair instead of the sofa. 🙁   Does anyone know if this is correct?

you can also change to any available category 2N cabin with no charges.  Call your TA or RCI to find out what is available.

7 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

you can also change to any available category 2N cabin with no charges.  Call your TA or RCI to find out what is available.

Oh!!  That's wonderful!!  I didn't realize we could change cabins with a Gty!  I'm calling them right now!!  Thank You!

20 minutes ago, discru said:

Just curious how far out your cruise is.  I am anxiously awaiting our two GTY rooms to be assigned.  

I also read the response about being able to reassign.  I didn't realize that either and is good news to me.  We decided to roll the dice with GTY for two rooms and hope to be somewhat close together.  

4 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Just curious how far out your cruise is.  I am anxiously awaiting our two GTY rooms to be assigned.  

I also read the response about being able to reassign.  I didn't realize that either and is good news to me.  We decided to roll the dice with GTY for two rooms and hope to be somewhat close together.  

Our cruise leaves April 3.  We had originally booked an Inside Gty, and that cabin was assigned to us last week.  I noticed the prices had dropped and called our TA.  He was able to move us to an OV gty at no charge at that time.  The OV gty cabin was assigned to us this morning. 

Yes, being able to request a move within the 2N category is good news, indeed. I'm so thankful to all the people on this site.  They have helped me tremendously!!  Good luck with your Gty cabin dice roll!

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I hope that your TA knows this:

Check for available 2N cabins before the phone call.  

Don't mention that it is a guarantee. Just ask to switch from XXXX to YYYY. 

Exactly This  !!!!!!  Have cabin number ready

• Like 2

Thank you Merion_mom and molly361!!!  I called TA before I saw your post, and got worried.  However, I just heard back from TA and he said there was only 1 cabin left that was non-adjoining, and he moved us to that one.  It's actually a great location, so I am thrilled!  I will DEFINITELY remember your advice for next time!  Thank you both! and Thank you All!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, discru said:

Thank you Merion_mom and molly361!!!  I called TA before I saw your post, and got worried.  However, I just heard back from TA and he said there was only 1 cabin left that was non-adjoining, and he moved us to that one.  It's actually a great location, so I am thrilled!  I will DEFINITELY remember your advice for next time!  Thank you both! and Thank you All!

Wonderful outcome.  Enjoy your cruise.