Quest : Heading to Colombo?

cinnamon

5 hours ago, cinnamon said:

I gather that Quest is currently en route to Colombo. However, Sri Lanka has today closed its ports to all cruise ships. Is there any news from those onboard?

Not on this cruise, but I imagine this port will have to be skipped 

Both  CruiseMapper  and another website (which keeps coming up as ***** regardless of whether I write the name or attempt to paste the link) still show Quest heading for Colombo at present.

Edited by Baynanno1
unsuccessful attempt to right ***** to the letters which I wrote

I've heard from friends currently onboard that the Quest will be permitted to refuel there but no one onboard will be granted entry.  Very frusting for those onboard when your last stop was somewhere not affected by the virus and having spent weeks in South Africa also not affected.  I feel for them....

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, aussie travel bird said:

I've heard from friends currently onboard that the Quest will be permitted to refuel there but no one onboard will be granted entry.  Very frusting for those onboard when your last stop was somewhere not affected by the virus and having spent weeks in South Africa also not affected.  I feel for them....

Indeed, I feel for them also as we keep a close watch on the Middle East where we are due to board Quest in Dubai on 17 March. Watching for a change in Azamara's Travel Advisory which has not been updated since 28 February, although the world situation has altered quite a bit since then.

Trying times all round in this very fluid, mushrooming situation.

Edited by Baynanno1

2 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

On the Quest. Confirming this report. We will get an extra day in Mumbai. Azamazing Evening will have to be rescheduled.

• Like 1

All India ports now cancelled. Azamazing Evening, which had been rescheduled for Cochin, is now cancelled. Heading for Muscat in Oman, then Abu Dhabi, then Dubai, but who know how many more changes may be coming. Captain is doing all he can to deal with a very fluid situation.

Also on board the Quest. We left Mauritius on Monday March 2 at 5:00 pm and next scheduled port of call is in Oman on Friday, March 13 at 8 am. Azamara will provide each guest a future cruise credit totaling 50% of our cruise fare for this sailing due to the loss of India and deployment changes as per the letter from the captain this afternoon. Still hoping to get off the ship in Dubai on March 17th. Hopefully the luck of the Irish will prevail for a St. Patrick’s day disembarkation.

Mood on the ship is good but feel so sorry for the crew who are also not getting as many breaks because we have no port days.

Edited by Chilcotin
  • Like 1

According to reports UAE are no longer allowing cruise ships to dock! We are due to board as you disembark in Dubai, but that looks very unlikely now. We wish you a safe journey home, from wherever.

42 minutes ago, Lindy028 said:

According to reports UAE are no longer allowing cruise ships to dock! We are due to board as you disembark in Dubai, but that looks very unlikely now. We wish you a safe journey home, from wherever.

Hi Lindy, 

Where is this being reported as Azamara confirmed no changes only a few hours ago?

1 hour ago, nigelc said:

Hi Lindy, 

Where is this being reported as Azamara confirmed no changes only a few hours ago?

Hi Nigel,

It’s  been posted on here via people on the Celebrity Constellation cruise, and they have also posted a letter from Celebrity confirming that UAE have closed all ports to cruise ships! We were waiting to hear from our TA tomorrow before we decided what to do. It now looks as though the decision has been taken out of our hands. Hopefully we get confirmation of this ASAP.

Quest has now docked in Muscat

We are booked on the 28th March Quest cruise

No direct information from Azamara  regarding this cruise - but as 17th has been cancelled

The cruise is likely to also be cancelled

Any information from those onboard would be appreciated

Peter