Le Harve Cruiseport

jersey traveler

Hi Abe & Sharon,

Take the train from Paris Saint-Lazare station.

Direct mainly-hourly service (but double-check that for your date on https://www.sncf.com/en/booking-itinerary/itinerary )

Journey time something over 2 hours.

Short taxi hop from Le Havre station to the ship.

I suggest you pre-book only through the operator, SNCF - many independent booking websites outside France charge inflated fares.

JB :classic_smile:

6 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Hi Abe & Sharon,

Take the train from Paris Saint-Lazare station.

Direct mainly-hourly service (but double-check that for your date on https://www.sncf.com/en/booking-itinerary/itinerary )

Journey time something over 2 hours, fare usually €15.

Short taxi hop from Le Havre station to the ship.

I suggest you pre-book only through the operator, SNCF - many independent booking websites outside France charge inflated fares.

Hi JB  I am disembarking in LeHavre, need to travel to CDG. I will take train to St Lazare, but here it becomes complicated

Am traveling alone with walker and suitcase, should I take taxi to CDG?  Budget wise would a taxi take me short distance to RER B station Magenta?  Thanks for any suggestions.

22 hours ago, John Bull said:

NB. - The website is spelling-sensitive.

The port is Le Havre, not Le Harve (common mistake)

31 minutes ago, skings said:

Hi JB  I am disembarking in LeHavre, need to travel to CDG. I will take train to St Lazare, but here it becomes complicated

Am traveling alone with walker and suitcase, should I take taxi to CDG?  Budget wise would a taxi take me short distance to RER B station Magenta?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Sorry, not my area of expertise.

But Googlemaps has the distance to Magenta RER at 1.5 miles and that's a pretty common distance for city taxis, so I don't see a problem in hailing a taxi at Saint-Lazare.

I've only once taken the RER to & from CDG. Pretty easy, but CDG is a big airport (for instance, two RER stops) so you could be in for a long walk - but that might also be the case if you took a taxi all the way.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about CDG might chip in.

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 8:36 AM, skings said:

Getting a taxi to take you a short distance is not as much of an issue as simply getting a taxi.  The last two times we have taken the train to St Lazare there was a long taxi queue and few taxis.  The wait for a taxi (early afternoon on a weekday) may have been an hour...   We are very mobile so walked about 5-6 blocks to another taxi stand where we only waited a few minutes.  If you can afford the extra Euros we would suggest that a taxi to CDG makes sense because you then avoid the hassles of getting you (and your luggage) down to the RER, on the train, off the train, etc.   You might also consider using Uber (assuming it is still running).  It can be a bit complicated to arrange an exact pick-up point for an Uber but it is doable.   Once you go outside St Lazare if the taxi situation is bad you can then try Uber.  We also routinely use the G7 taxi company (they have an app and also an English speaking phone line) who can send a "radio taxi."

Hank

• Like 1