Pearl Harbor Tickets

TwinMamainMN

Just an FYI for others about how it works. The recreation.gov website tells you basically everything you need to know, so I'll spare you those details. Hubby and I decided to get the "Passport" ticket so we can explore not only the USS Arizona memorial, but also the Battleship Missouri, the USS Bowfin, and the aviation museum. I created the online account, set a bunch of reminders on my phone, and was prepared and ready to buy our tickets 60 days out from the day we intend to visit. I logged on and was ready to add the tickets to my cart at exactly 7am Hawaii time. When I did, the EARLIEST time I could get scheduled tickets for Pearl Harbor was 11am. My guess is the early morning tickets are used by tour organizations. We are going to arrive earlier than our scheduled time and see if we can get walk up tickets at an earlier time, if not, no big deal.

Just wanted to pass on my experience in case it helps someone else. Happy planning!

• Like 1

I had a similar experience to the above poster. Had 11 a.m. tickets, arrived at 9 and exchanged them for 9:10 a.m. tickets.  Even if you had to wait, there are several great museums to visit, so plenty to keep your mind occupied.

• Like 1