MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

Yes I think all repositioning cruises will either have to go with passengers to the uk then go to their repsitoined port or sail across with crew only ro their reposition port.

Or they will just delay European itineraries and stay in Caribbean 

6 hours ago, niko40 said:

Yes I think all repositioning cruises will either have to go with passengers to the uk then go to their repsitoined port or sail across with crew only ro their reposition port.

Or they will just delay European itineraries and stay in Caribbean 

Doesn't it only say into the US from mainland Europe?  They probably dont care where people are going to from the US.

4 minutes ago, Addict said:

Doesn't it only say into the US from mainland Europe?  They probably dont care where people are going to from the US.

Yes but how would us citizens get home from mainland Europe no flights

I believe that it is only a matter of weeks before all cruising is cancelled worldwide.  We in the Uk are just 13 days behind Italy according to the contagion graphs and it is sensible that people aged 70+ limit their exposure and definitely avoid cruising at the moment, be safe not sorry.

56 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

I believe that it is only a matter of weeks before all cruising is cancelled worldwide.  We in the Uk are just 13 days behind Italy according to the contagion graphs and it is sensible that people aged 70+ limit their exposure and definitely avoid cruising at the moment, be safe not sorry.

Looking at WHO charts the UK is in much better position and has less than 10% of the confirmed cases of Italy...

I hope the UK continues to fair well and that the spread slows.

Friends living in Italy complain that Italians flaunt rules as though they don't pertain to them... A poster on fb indicated a friend of hers was with a group that took a ferry to Croatia and when they arrived--they were rounded up by authorities and put in quarantine. My question is-WHY are ferries still running from Italy to Croatia when Italy is supposed to be closed

MSC's new policy as of 3/11 indicated FCC of amount paid + OBC...

I suspect that given "government intervention" and other causes listed in the initial lines of the terms of carriage.. that they have the flexibility to handle it that way. 

Other cruise lines had already begun the same thing--FCC and OBC. 

The OBC is not necessary and certainly a nice gesture of good will

Other out of pocket costs like airfare--  evidently airlines are accommodating. Don't know where travel insurance comes in--I suppose it depends on how long ago you booked.. but the WHO action to call it pandemic makes it problematic

In the end--we have to remember this is a "a first world problem", ie a problem of convenience/luxury 

I have the crew friends we made on Meriviglia on my mind -- people traveling back to Bali, Madagascar, Columbia etc... and praying they stay safe and healthy

Edited by Fogfog

19 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

Viking are leaders.....MSC are followers.  Recent actions prove MSC are CASH Kings.

I think thats a little unfair no cruise line wants to be totaly cancelling all cruises if they can help it lets see if the other major cruise lines cancel all thier cruises before you single out MSC as being cash kings. I agree they havent been exactly forthcoming regarding recent events, but they have as of today cancelled a lot of European cruises.

The port of Bergen in Norway has banned passengers Disembarking until further notice, cruise ships will be able to refuel and provision but no one will be allowed off the ship. Currently Aida Aura is headed there!

3 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Weeks?

I'd go so far as to say we'll see one of the big ones (Carnival, Royal, Norwegian) cancel all sailings for the next 60 days by the end of the day today.  And by the end of the week, the rest will have followed.

3 minutes ago, Beardface said:

Weeks?

I'd go so far as to say we'll see one of the big ones (Carnival, Royal, Norwegian) cancel all sailings for the next 60 days by the end of the day today.  And by the end of the week, the rest will have followed.

..........except it will take MSC another week to decide to follow suit.

2 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

..........except it will take MSC another week to decide to follow suit.

While they sail with what passengers?

No travel between the US and Europe effective tomorrow.  Italian ports are completely closed to travel.  Other European countries are quickly closing their borders.  Middle East countries are actively denying entry.

Even if announcements aren't made official, its not like these sailings are realistically going to happen anyway.  Between the restrictions on who can sail, where a given person can travel to, and what ports are closed, their entire market has pretty much been shut down over the past 48 hours.  Even if they don't make an announcement, at best their ships are going to be sailing at 25% capacity, losing money hand over fist for operating purposes only.  The better financial decision at this point is to close it up until this hysteria withers away.  Put a skeleton crew on each ship for operating purposes only, and send everyone else home.

4 minutes ago, Beardface said:

While they sail with what passengers?

No travel between the US and Europe effective tomorrow.  Italian ports are completely closed to travel.  Other European countries are quickly closing their borders.  Middle East countries are actively denying entry.

Even if announcements aren't made official, its not like these sailings are realistically going to happen anyway.  Between the restrictions on who can sail, where a given person can travel to, and what ports are closed, their entire market has pretty much been shut down over the past 48 hours.  Even if they don't make an announcement, at best their ships are going to be sailing at 25% capacity, losing money hand over fist for operating purposes only.  The better financial decision at this point is to close it up until this hysteria withers away.  Put a skeleton crew on each ship for operating purposes only, and send everyone else home.

BF ... The current Grandiosa cruise will stop at Genoa and Naples to allow passengers who boarded there to get off there!

Rob-bob ... I would guess that you will be stuck with the FCC.

2 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

If they do shut down do you think MSC will give full refunds to passengers with cancelled cruises?  What if you cancelled for a FCC before your cruise was officially cancelled? 

For the cruises they have already cancelled they are offering FCC to the valeu of the cruise plus some obc depending on cruise duration but i guess if u have insurance you can claim a full refund

We had four people in one cabin including a 70+ year old and almost canceled the booking for FCC because they were not going to go but glad I did not now. You’re going to have a better chance of getting a full refund if they cancel the cruise.

I noticed in the princess cruise announcement that did have a way for people to request a refund but Are trying to steer them in the direction of taking FCC and offering a bonus if they do. 

13 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

If they do shut down do you think MSC will give full refunds to passengers with cancelled cruises?  What if you cancelled for a FCC before your cruise was officially cancelled? 

There is a chance you can get a cash refund if they cancel the cruise and you did not cancel yet. I am sure they will steer you in the direction of taking the FCC like princess cruises but might have the option of getting a cash refund but may take a little more work. 

If you canceled and took the FCC before they announced the cancellation of the cruise, I highly doubt you will be able to get a cash refund. They are not offering any refunds to people that canceled their cruise before they announced the newer FCC policy a few days ago. 

Edited by UtahSaints