Enchanted Princess Delivery

afurman

With payment due on Friday for the Inaugural cruise on June 19th, has anyone heard if this ship is going to end up being delayed due to the current situation in Northern Italy.   I tried calling Princess but it doesn't seem like they know anything on the front lines but with the delivery around 90 days from now I would think Princess would know if this is happening or not on time now.  It would be nice to know before handing over money to Princess for this cruise.  I also really wish Princess was doing what NCL is doing for cruises in June/July and moving the payment from 90 to 60 days.

My wife has a friend with a land tour (not a cruise but...) booked for Italy in May. She received a notice to contact the company immediately. If you look at a map Italy is somewhat of a "hot spot" for COVID-19.

Saw on VesselRadar today (3/5) that the Enchanted Princess just activated their GPS locator and at Monfalcone shipyard dock!

Last report was that Sea Trials were to begin March 10th (next week) …….. haven't seen anything else!

• Like 2

This was posted in the EP page on the book of faces:

as it stands right now when sea trials commence senior engineers will be amassed from fincantieri shipbuilders to oversee the sea trials and the finish work will be mostly completed by the primary shipbuilder using staff from the discovery princess team......the date of sea trials is still being scheduled...my friend marco will be sitting in on the meeting on friday..i was supposed to be with the subcontracting team but that was cancelled due to coronavirus threat ...i am disappointed because i was on the sky princess sea trials so i could make comparisons but i will make a point at some time to sail on her.....”

• Like 1

Wondering with Italy essentially "closed" for the foreseeable future how this is going to affect delivery of ships from Fincantieri, especially Enchanted Princess, and what kind of delays we may be looking at.  Of course it may come to pass that the entire European cruising season may also be cancelled in the weeks to come, so a construction/delivery delay of new ships may be of benefit to the cruise lines.

We are booked for the 25 day Mediterranean and Transatlantic grand adventure cruise in October. That gives us a few extra months to see how the current pandemic situation evolves. Our final payment date isn't until the end of June.

• Like 1

I’m booked on the Enchanted early next year. My immediate concern is if the level of service and ammenities will be reduced as Princess looks for cost saving measures to survive the financial impact of this crisis.

45 minutes ago, keithnw said:

I’m booked on the Enchanted early next year. My immediate concern is if the level of service and ammenities will be reduced as Princess looks for cost saving measures to survive the financial impact of this crisis.

I doubt saving a fee pennies on operational costs in order to improve their bottom line is on their mind. Operational cost savings is a few drips compared to the flood in out going cash flow that they are experiencing now.

After this is over they will be much more concerned about attracting cruisers back and filling ships, much more than profit margin.

4 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I've posted in other threads that when the dust settles on all of this I expect 2021/22 cruise fares to spike up SIGNIFICANTLY so that many consumers applying their FCC's will still have to chip in $$$ on top of the FCC amounts. 

I'm already seeing price spiking - had a client yesterday looking at rebooking on the Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) 7nt Northbound cruise only (no land tour) from Vancouver to Seward for next July - 2 passengers, standard balcony ZERO perks from Royal - $5400 with taxes and fees ...... that's roughly  $2000 more than she was going to pay for her currently booked cruise  this summer for same ship/itinerary , same time frame in July, and same room type originally booked about the same time a year ago.  She decided to just flat out cancel and wait since her deposit was refundable.  

That said ALL the cruise lines will be looking at ways to increase revenues and cut costs, not just Princess.  I expect fees for ancillary items to go up.  Specialty dining, drink packages, drink prices, shore excursions, spa treatments, items in the shops, Bingo, gratuities, service charges, etc - you get the picture. #PREPARETOBEPRICEGOUGED

To put it simply don't book now.  Any prices for next year are just place holders, as in full list prices, until this all settles down.

The cruise lines are going to be dealing with a severe loss of passengers that will take them time to recover.  That is going to be their biggest concern.  How many ships will they be able to fill and how many of the older ones will be retired.  Any pricing until the out break is over and they get back to some degree of normal operations will be erratic at best and will represent full pricing, compared to the pricing that is generated by their pricing model systems.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keithnw said:

In my opinion it will remain the same or better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There was an announcement that all Fincantieri shipyards will be suspending production from Monday 16th March for 2 weeks. May not affect the plans for Enchanted Princess as it stands but something to monitor.

We have just cancelled our Enchanted 19th June preview cruise booking (from Rome) and will hope to book later.

Sandra

Edited by dides

30 minutes ago, antsp said:

The big question for those (me) who have a cancelled cruise do we book now or hang on ( looking at Jan 2020 ) or take the cash or credit, difficult decision. 

Think that ship has already sailed😀.

35 minutes ago, antsp said:

Fair point Jan 2021, it’s been a long day. 1 cruise got cancelled, one in doubt. 

We are on the Enchanted for Jan. 23, 2021, Things better be back to normal for the world by then!!

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, afurman said:

With payment due on Friday for the Inaugural cruise on June 19th, has anyone heard if this ship is going to end up being delayed due to the current situation in Northern Italy.   I tried calling Princess but it doesn't seem like they know anything on the front lines but with the delivery around 90 days from now I would think Princess would know if this is happening or not on time now.  It would be nice to know before handing over money to Princess for this cruise.  I also really wish Princess was doing what NCL is doing for cruises in June/July and moving the payment from 90 to 60 days.

June bookings are now with the 60 days from sailing payment.

"The previously published 60-day final payment date for June sailings remains in place. "

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

13 hours ago, Mainiac85 said:

We are on the Enchanted for Jan. 23, 2021, Things better be back to normal for the world by then!!

Same cruise here. Upgrade letter last night. Balcony to minisuite 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dog said:

Same cruise here. Upgrade letter last night. Balcony to minisuite 

Really, I didn't get an email, but checked my booking on Princess and so did we!!!

Dog...have you joined our Roll Call for this cruise??