Deck 5 on the Breakaway

I now have an OB category on Deck 5. It's an oceanview. The oceanview went up a little in price, but now gives all 4 perks and some on board credit. If I go down to an inside cabin, it goes down in price and I also get all 4 perks and some on board credit.

I've in an oceanview on deck 5, is there a big difference, besides the window, if I go inside, is the size, layout, bathroom any smaller/worse?

Would you switch for the perks? I would love some seasoned Breakaway travelers to share their thoughts.  Thank you!

It's been a little while since we've stayed on the BA's Deck 5 - had an Inside, also stayed the Escape's Deck 5 - oversized Oceanview (that was huge, slept only 2) - location-wise, it's great especially with rough seas & wind, depending on your itinerary.  If you are already booked/paid for an OB - I am not sure if you wanted to downgrade to an Inside ... not a big difference with OBC issued ?? but both getting up to all 4 perks.  

Those "regular" OV on Deck 5 gives you a nice oversized picture window, plenty of natural light & unobstructed, but closer to the "waterline" - room is similar in layout but slightly roomier.   Near-term deals are almost everywhere (and, I expect even Alaska's early season prices to be lowering, if not already) so if you aren't the frugal type, stick with the OV - especially if the marginal difference in OBC is less than $50 or even $100 for the cabin by switching to a smaller cabin (which is fine for 2 of us ... DW still prefer/like the open air balcony, on lower decks).  

Bathroom sizes are the same for Inside, OV and Balconies - unless it's a Family OV and we prefer/like those vs. the mid-sized Gem, Dawn, Jewel & Star, etc. 

I've reviewed these cabins earlier, follow my Signature, click the link to Dropbox document to reference where the CC "Semi-Live" pictorial posts can be found. 

• Like 1

I've done the BA OV deck 5 twice and it is my favorite.  I am interested to hear about the comparison to the Inside, but for location and convenience it's my favorite place on the ship.  Just got off a cruise Sunday.  Had a balcony, (which was nice) but I really miss the extra room that useless couch takes up.  

• Like 1

Been on Breakaway on deck 5  inside cabin a year ago and  again on deck 5 inside on the Getaway last month (same deck plan)We love the location and convenience.  We saw the OV across the hall from our cabin and they look a little bigger but we thought our inside was very roomy.  For the  additional perks vs keeping the OV I know we would pick the inside cabin.  Nice and quiet and we slept great. It's a wonderful location to get on and off the ship, too. Getting an elevator on deck 5 was always easy when we wanted to go above decks 6-7-8    

• Like 1

I was just in an inside on the breakaway in January, for the second time.  I love it.  I travel Solo, so it's plenty of space for me.  I like being able to black out the room when I take a nap during the day.