carnival corovirus cancellations

dietpepsi

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I agree with the logic of making a decision, not so much on the 75%.  Where is that coming from (without insurance)?

hi...there is 100% loss at this point unless they cancel due to virus...i will take loss if they dont cancel

30 minutes ago, dietpepsi said:

the insurance company said that for any reason insurance has to be bought at time of deposit...it is too late...and as it stands regular travel insurance does not cover epidimics

That is normal.  To cover 75% after the fact for 66 bucks sounds to good to be true.   When things sound to good to be true, usually they are.  

31 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

I’m still wandering when I was complaining in my post.

You stated the obvious about people should know what insurance covers.  I stated the obvious that no one could have predicted the current climate.  

I’m not going to say anything further as anything I post considered off topic gets deleted & not worth the effort.  Hopefully you got my implied message as I did yours.

To add something on-topic of value I will say that going forward I intend to select CFAR insurance.

I will end here also.  The difference is knowing what insurance covers is different than know what will happen.  Sometimes life gets in the way.  Lastly, cfar is not something I would ever take in normal times.  Most of the time it is a losers bet.  The only rime I would rake it is if I thought I might have to cancel other than med and weather, but not pandemic.  We are actually on the same side here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dietpepsi said:

the insurance company said that for any reason insurance has to be bought at time of deposit...it is too late...and as it stands regular travel insurance does not cover epidimics

Hmm not sure what you mean by that, but I called Allianz to check.

I actually purchased the insurance 1 day after buying my cruise and paying in full. So technically, not at the time of deposit (the day prior). Anyway, Allianz said that doesnt matter, and I can still cancel anytime for any reason (changed mind) and get a full reimbursement. 

Of course, I am still 100% planning to go on my April 9 cruise at this point. But I am not high risk for health concerns. 

Edited by Aprilfoolx

22 minutes ago, Aprilfoolx said:

Hmm not sure what you mean by that, but I called Allianz to check.

I actually purchased the insurance 1 day after buying my cruise and paying in full. So technically, not at the time of deposit (the day prior). Anyway, Allianz said that doesnt matter, and I can still cancel anytime for any reason (changed mind) and get a full reimbursement. 

Of course, I am still 100% planning to go on my April 9 cruise at this point. But I am not high risk for health concerns. 

It does not have to be bought at time of deposit, but your covered. That said people who deposited more than 21 days ago are NOT covered.  

On 3/5/2020 at 12:54 AM, dietpepsi said:

i wonder when carnival will join the other cruise lines and relax their policy in regard to changes and cancellations...i am booked on carnival dream on march 30th and i am scared...i am also high risk...i would rather lose the money than risk my life

I thought carnival was giving refunds for anyone booked up to May 31 or take a $200 obc.  It’s on another thread here. I am sure you will find it.

11 minutes ago, marmac761 said:

I thought carnival was giving refunds for anyone booked up to May 31 or take a $200 obc.  It’s on another thread here. I am sure you will find it.

This was posted before that.

17 hours ago, marmac761 said:

when i posted this they were not....but i have been trying to get thru to them since thursday and you can not do it online...i am suppose to go on 3/30

On 3/8/2020 at 7:40 AM, marmac761 said:

Cruise credit to be used by 3/2021