Feedback from those who have just cruised/onboard

Eglesbrech

There are a couple of threads on here about the current Coronavirus situation so another place for general discussion.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who is just off a P&O ship or is currently onboard.

How was embarkation, any delays?

What was in the enhanced questionnaire?

Any obvious changes while onboard?

Was the ship obviously any quieter or just business as usual?

I would be interested in the real experiences of those who have / are currently cruising since the virus has become more prevalent. Your experience might help others to decide about their own cruises in the next few months.

We were off Azura on 22 February.  No noticeable changes in on board procedures.  The enhanced questionnaire was pretty useless, both at Gatwick and upon boarding.  Just a few questions as to where we had previously visited and whether we were displaying any symptoms.  I am not convinced that everyone would be completely honest in that regard...  Otherwise, all pretty relaxed and business as usual.  We experienced no delays whatsoever.

• Like 1

I am surprised and rather disappointed that there has been so little response to this thread which is seeking to find out what is actually happening on board , whereas the two coronovirus threads have to date had a combined 1500 replies the vast majority of which are either speculation or scaremongering.

It would be interesting to know for instance, has anything changed in the MDR or have the condiments and butter been removed. Are you still able to serve yourself in the buffet or is the food served to you as it has been during Norovirus outbreaks ?

Is the Library still open as normal, as books are a very good way of spreading any illness? Are big gatherings like the Sailaway, and the shows still going ahead as normal?

Some actual experiences could calm those of us with anxieties at the moment.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Twogreynomads said:

I am surprised and rather disappointed that there has been so little response to this thread which is seeking to find out what is actually happening on board , whereas the two coronovirus threads have to date had a combined 1500 replies the vast majority of which are either speculation or scaremongering.

It would be interesting to know for instance, has anything changed in the MDR or have the condiments and butter been removed. Are you still able to serve yourself in the buffet or is the food served to you as it has been during Norovirus outbreaks ?

Is the Library still open as normal, as books are a very good way of spreading any illness? Are big gatherings like the Sailaway, and the shows still going ahead as normal?

Some actual experiences could calm those of us with anxieties at the moment.  Thank you.

Like msk1955 we came off Britannia on 28th Feb , enhanced questionnaire rather pointless other than a few extra questions nothing else differed at the airport or during our two week Caribbean cruise.

no need to panic in my opinion but be vigilant with your own hygiene and avoid those that you audit the may not be ! 

Edited by janieb1962
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Twogreynomads said:

No changes whatsoever 2 weeks ago.  All foods still available to serve yourself in the buffet and business as usual in the MDR.  Library open and big gatherings still going ahead (although the Great British Sailaway no longer exists in its old format).  I see no reason for P & O to introduce any of the measures you mention.  I also do not see how P & O could prevent big gatherings (cancel shows in the theatre?  Can't see that happening, nor any reason for it to at the moment).  In the event that a passenger is diagnosed with the virus, I would assume quarantine would kick in anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Twogreynomads said:

I think it is a little early for a great deal of feedback with many ships away on longer cruises. It may be one or two weeks before the picture is clearer. Very few sailings from Southampton at this time of year.

Back from Oceana this morning, when we left Southampton we had to fill out a form saying that we had not had any health problems, I can't recall the exact wording but it was basically, no high temperature, cough etc over the last short while so obviously thinking Coronavirus.  There was nothing else different to previous cruises. 

On board I think that they were more vigilant about people using the antibacterial gel I'm the restaurants than on previous cruises.

We are back from 2 weeks on Oceana today.

Questionaire was just a question about travel from China/Far East saying if you had travelled there in the last 14 days you could not board, anyone could have lied on it.

We were not test pre-boarding at all.

There was an issue about visiting Tenerife as it had had a case in a Hotel on the island but Carnival said that it was an acceptable risk to dock there.

Apart from that, did not notice anything different apart from checking that we were using the antibacterial gel in the restaurant and buffet.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bee-ess said:

We are back from 2 weeks on Oceana today.

Questionaire was just a question about travel from China/Far East saying if you had travelled there in the last 14 years you could not board, anyone could have lied on it.

We were not test pre-boarding at all.

There was an issue about visiting Tenerife as it had had a case in a Hotel on the island but Carnival said that it was an acceptable risk to dock there.

Apart fron that, did not notice anything different

I missed the 14 years, I should not have boarded, I was in Shanghai for work 12 years ago lol

• Like 1

Aurora 28 Feb - 11 Mar 

More hand gel promotion. Everyone using it. People are using paper towels to exit loos after lengthy hand washing (happy birthday twice).  

Health form quick to complete.  No temp screening embarking on Aurora 28 Feb.  

People on board do have coughs and colds.  This was apparent on the coach down.  Well it is a Winter and we have been above the Arctic Circle for 6 days, so what can you do? 

Other than that, no real change. Not mentioned in announcements etc.  BAU

• Like 2

There was an announcement throughout the ship by the Captain at noon yesterday on Ventura regarding Coronovirus and today there is far more evidence of hand gel around the ship.

Basically the advice is the same as that for Noro virus - remains to be seen how many will take notice!

On 3/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, Josy1953 said:

Back from Oceana this morning, when we left Southampton we had to fill out a form saying that we had not had any health problems, I can't recall the exact wording but it was basically, no high temperature, cough etc over the last short while so obviously thinking Coronavirus.  There was nothing else different to previous cruises. 

On board I think that they were more vigilant about people using the antibacterial gel I'm the restaurants than on previous cruises.