Cruise Weddings coming up soon? Anybody else worried?

Just checking to see if anyone else has a wedding coming up on a cruise and is worried about the Coronavirus?

Our wedding is exactly 7 weeks away and we are stressed out over this global hysteria that the news media is causing!

16 hours ago, lulamc said:

I'm freaking out.  My daughter is getting married Saturday on Carnival Vista.  I need this to go as planned, we've been planning 2 years!

I know how you feel! We are getting married on Indy in 6 1/2 weeks.  We need this to go as planned too!

Best of luck to your daughter and her wedding on Vista!

Please keep us posted on what happens!!

Hi thjeepster.

I saw in your other post you have booked a ship wedding through Royal Celebrations for late April. Are you going ahead or have you already contacted them about postponing the date or cancelling all together and requesting a refund?

We are in a similar situation... We have booked a legal at-sea wedding through Royal Celebrations for our cruise on the Ovation departing on 23 March. Obviously our cruise will not go ahead now due to the RCI global shutdown.

Just wondering if Royal Celebrations allow you to move your wedding date or agree to a refund for the money paid? I am hoping Royal Celebrations follows RCI in issuing refunds. Our total wedding package from Royal Celebrations is about $3,700 so we will be out of pocket for quite a bit of money if they won't refund us.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:03 AM, ticky ticky said:

Hi thjeepster.

I saw in your other post you have booked a ship wedding through Royal Celebrations for late April. Are you going ahead or have you already contacted them about postponing the date or cancelling all together and requesting a refund?

We are in a similar situation... We have booked a legal at-sea wedding through Royal Celebrations for our cruise on the Ovation departing on 23 March. Obviously our cruise will not go ahead now due to the RCI global shutdown.

Just wondering if Royal Celebrations allow you to move your wedding date or agree to a refund for the money paid? I am hoping Royal Celebrations follows RCI in issuing refunds. Our total wedding package from Royal Celebrations is about $3,700 so we will be out of pocket for quite a bit of money if they won't refund us.

Hello Ticky

I'm waiting right now to see if Royal cancels the cruise and that way I can reschedule for another date down the line.

You should contact Royal Celebrations directly and see what they will do.  I believe if your cruise was canceled they will refund the price back to you minus licensing fees.  Let me know what you find out!

I received the following automated reply from Royal Celebrations:

**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE**

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We are receiving a much higher call volume than normal due to the outbreak and subsequent escalation of the COVID-19.

We are doing our very best to get back to clients in a timely manner, Regarding the current cancellation of all Royal Caribbean’s sailings for the next 30 days (March 13, 2020 – April 10, 2020) We will be refunding all funds paid towards the wedding so far (minus any licensing fees).

If you are looking to cancel your event due to COVID-19 concerns but your wedding date does not fall under the current cancelled voyages, as long as your voyage is prior to July 2020 you will received a full refund (minus any licensing fees) Alternatively, we would be happy to transfer any and all wedding monies paid (external to any licensing fees that may be applied), towards your new voyage!

We are incredibly thankful for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Our office can be reached at 1-888-933-7225, If we are unable to answer your first phone call, please ensure that you leave a voicemail and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.

Our office hours are as follows:

Monday – Friday 6:00am – 5:00pm PST

*Please note that these hours are subject to change as the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold.

Kind Regards,

customer care

Royal Celebrations

Royal Ocean Events Inc.

So looks like it will be money back minus the wedding license fee. Better than losing it all I suppose...

My daughter's wedding was for 3/14/20 on Carnival Vista.  The cruise was cancelled around 6-7 pm 3/13/20.  We could not get through to Carnival Weddings or Carnival.  I finally got someone on the phone 11 am 3/14 to confirm the wedding was cancelled and she apologized and said she would process my refund.  I still don't have the refund.

We pulled off a miracle, though.  My daughter was married last Sat. at an Episcopal church in Galveston at 4 pm and then we had a wonderful dinner reception at Landry's on the seawall in Galveston. 

1 hour ago, lulamc said:

My daughter's wedding was for 3/14/20 on Carnival Vista.  The cruise was cancelled around 6-7 pm 3/13/20.  We could not get through to Carnival Weddings or Carnival.  I finally got someone on the phone 11 am 3/14 to confirm the wedding was cancelled and she apologized and said she would process my refund.  I still don't have the refund.

We pulled off a miracle, though.  My daughter was married last Sat. at an Episcopal church in Galveston at 4 pm and then we had a wonderful dinner reception at Landry's on the seawall in Galveston. 

Congratulations to the bride and groom.  Wishing them a lifetime of happiness.

• 3 months later...

Well our second attempt to get married aboard the Independence of the Seas was cancelled again!

This is starting to be a marathon to getting married and not a small mile run!

We will try again in April (which would have been our 1 year Anniversary cruise) aboard the Odyssey of the Seas.

We are praying that one will work out!!!