LIVE! B2B on the Grandeur March 7-27, 2020 with Dragon of the Seas

Our next stop was the Dominica National Park. It is the site of Trafalgar Falls and the Emerald Pool.  We did not go to the Emerald pool to swim.  [several of the ship tours visited there]

We walked through the rainforest to the twin falls.  [which are nothing alike--kind our like our own twins. 😜 I digress,. but I know DD is reading this thread.]

Here is our proof of life picture. Yes, we are still feeling fine and enjoying our cruise, especially today. You cam see the 2 falls behind us.  the guide did a great job of centering this picture. 

20200313_111731.thumb.jpg.006e0b264a4cd7e5af78f2ec2cf55f8e.jpg

This is the Mama falls.  She is smaller but stronger.

20200313_105802.thumb.jpg.27643f27f9435cd0fe5526dfd541049b.jpg

The Papa Falls a higher. 

20200313_111625.thumb.jpg.f3546c3535740f6ec313c3bf5b17ced2.jpg

We saw this little crab as we walked back through the forest.  Who knew there are orange land crabs?  haha 150242436_20200313_112208(2).thumb.jpg.f236983eb5093ad08ffd39039a261110.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.   the trees are definitely unique and beautiful.   I heard about the statue for this woman.   God bless her Daughter - they know the secret to life.   I am sure it has to do with life on an island.

Enjoy.    Where to next?

That one pic of the Grandeur docked in the harbor is fantastic!  So glad you guys had a good day. We visited those falls when we there during a previous cruise - brings back nice memories. Hope you get to Barbados and St. Kitts yet and then a safe trip back. Keep the pictures coming!  

1 minute ago, dixieva said:

Royal has just suspended sailings for 30 days.  Article on social media.

Didn't say if we get refunds or future cruise credit.

I thought if they cancelled they had to refund?  I know I would use FCC, but would be nice to get the cash back.

36 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I thought if they cancelled they had to refund?  I know I would use FCC, but would be nice to get the cash back.

I read that since the country is under national emergency they didn't have to offer refunds for their canceled cruises.  

Who knows? Hopefully we'll find out soon.

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

I think there are 100+ cruises from the US that were scheduled in the next 30 days. 

True but 100 cruises is only 1/3 of the cruises that are within the 90 day final payment window . . . and think of all of the deposits from cruises after July that are not eligible for a FCC at this point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lelmorrow said:

Hi there! My parents are aboard Grandeur of the Seas and I'm unable to get in touch with them. Has anyone seen or heard from Debbie and Mike Lipinski? They were supposed to call/text when they got to an island, but it's been radio silence from them. We're especially worried since they both have some preexisting health conditions. Photo attached. Unfortunately I don't have their cabin number at this time. Thanks!

md.jpg

We were on an excursion with your parents today! They are fine. We had a great time. Hopefully everything is going well petsitting their dog.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wildcatfish said:

We were on an excursion with your parents today! They are fine. We had a great time. Hopefully everything is going well petsitting their dog.

Wonderful to hear! Thank you 🙂 daisy is just fine. 

5 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Our next stop was the Dominica National Park. It is the site of Trafalgar Falls and the Emerald Pool.  We did not go to the Emerald pool to swim.  [several of the ship tours visited there]

We walked through the rainforest to the twin falls.  [which are nothing alike--kind our like our own twins. 😜 I digress,. but I know DD is reading this thread.]

Here is our proof of life picture. Yes, we are still feeling fine and enjoying our cruise, especially today. You cam see the 2 falls behind us.  the guide did a great job of centering this picture. 

20200313_111731.thumb.jpg.006e0b264a4cd7e5af78f2ec2cf55f8e.jpg

This is the Mama falls.  She is smaller but stronger.

20200313_105802.thumb.jpg.27643f27f9435cd0fe5526dfd541049b.jpg

The Papa Falls a higher. 

20200313_111625.thumb.jpg.f3546c3535740f6ec313c3bf5b17ced2.jpg

We saw this little crab as we walked back through the forest.  Who knew there are orange land crabs?  haha 150242436_20200313_112208(2).thumb.jpg.f236983eb5093ad08ffd39039a261110.jpg

Is this a short joke ??? All the way from Dominica . Glad you two still have your sense of humor . 

I just got an email canceling our cruise next week.  The offer from Royal Caribbean is flexible and I think very generous.  They are issuing everyone a 125% Future Cruise Credit for the canceled cruise on Monday. [via email] No action is needed by anyone to start the process.   Any pre cruise purchases will be refunded. 

If you want a refund then they will deactivate the FCC and will refund what you paid. 

DH and I discussed it and we think we will take the FCC.  We have a Baltic cruise booked for July 2021. That is far enough away that life should be a little more certain by then. . . . or we can use it sooner. 

You can leave your cruise fare on the FCC now and change your mind later and they will issue the refund within 30 days.  

I think they are being more than fair. 😁

• Like 3

So happy to be able to get a refund for our April 4th sailing.  We were booked for a back to back and will not do the second sailing on April 16th.  Not canceling yet.  Will wait to see if it will be canceled .

Where are you today?  Hope you can get off.

1 hour ago, dixieva said:

So happy to be able to get a refund for our April 4th sailing.  We were booked for a back to back and will not do the second sailing on April 16th.  Not canceling yet.  Will wait to see if it will be canceled .

Where are you today?  Hope you can get off.

I think giving both options will work for everyone.

We are in Barbados.  The Captain made an announcement this morning around 7:15- ish.  You could only hear it in the public areas.  I got out of bed in time to open the door and hear him say to wash our hands and have a good day in Barbados.  😮 I asked a couple of people if they heard it and they said no.  I hope it was not important. 

There are 3 other ships here.  [P & O Britannia and the Aida Pearl  and another smaller ship but I can't see the name]

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 2

Will this cruise continue on for the same length that it was scheduled for??  President Trump has asked for a National Day of Prayer for tomorrow.  Let's pray this ends soon.  Happy sailing.  Delta Blue, I trust you are having a good cruise.  I love Barbados!!  I'm glad you all could stop today.

• Like 1

I think we are going to finish our cruise for the normal length and then we will return to port on Thursday. We have not heard anything else . I think the captain Will likely say something when it is time to be aboard. 

We rode the shuttle to the beach with passengers from the P and O ship, Britannia.They just  got in yesterday and are going to fly home tomorrow. The are British citizens, I feel so sorry for them.