Spirit 10686 can you have twin beds

heatherbelle

1 hour ago, heatherbelle said:

Hi

i am wondering if there is anyway to find out if the room has enough room in it for the beds to be set up as twins, rather than a double.

i am sailing with my mum.

Most cabins allow the large bed to be set up as 2 small beds.  The large bed is actually just the same 2 beds pushed together.  They usually move the end tables from outside the one large bed to be in between the 2 beds so there is a little more space between the 2 beds.  

The crew will make a guess as to whether the named guests are likely to be sharing one bed or need 2.  If they don't guess correctly, you ask your steward as soon as you see him/her upon arrival and they will have it changed before evening.

From the Spirit's page on ncl.com, Cabin 10686 appears to be a Category BB, which is described as "With room for up to three guests, Norwegian Spirit staterooms have two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed and a pull out sofa to accommodate one more. Along with a sitting area, floor-to-ceiling glass doors and a private balcony with an amazing view. Most can connect, a great option when traveling with family or friends."

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Room 10686 is not a standard BB category. It is a unique, and very much larger room. Actually, I don’t think it is unique any more as there is another similar shaped room on the other side now.

Obviously things may have changed with the refurb, but previously there was room for the bed to be moved on one side, but the bathroom door means that there is limited, if any, room on the other. However I would think that this would allow the beds to be separated.

The gap between the beds would be small, but I believe that is the case with all the Spirit rooms as the cabins are small.

Thanks all for the replies.

i have the room at the other side of the ship booked, which is one of the newer cabins.  For some reason most of the TAs are still using the old deck plans, so I was surprised I was able to book it.

sailing in August on the Istanbul cruise all being well.

ill try and remember to post a picture when we return.