Carnival Modifies Cancellation Policy

CCLcruiser91

5 minutes ago, NereusJ said:

Given no email...On hold with Carnival for 1.5hr+ now still waiting for answer to cancel 

I am sure they are overwhelmed.  There is a message in there regarding having an email.... 

• Like 1

I received the letter as well this morning, our cruise is March 15th. Now to decide what to do...my daughter is turning 6 the last day of the cruise and is so excited about her "birthday" cruise. We have two cabins since there are 5 of us and we're on a 6 night cruise, so $200 per cabin if we don't cancel. Leaning toward still going but glad we have some time to decide.

First, I am very grateful that Carnival is giving those of us with upcoming cruises this option under the uncertain circumstances.  THANK YOU CARNIVAL.

If the majority of us that are on the covered cruises take advantage of the rescheduling option, and I think that will be the case, I cannot imagine Carnival will keep their sailing schedule with half-empty (or worse) ships.  I would guess that some significant changes would be made to consolidate cruises, no?   

Also, I am very sympathetic to the crews of these ships as they will be greatly affected financially.  It’s such a difficult situation across the board.  

Edited by CarolSW
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, CarolSW said:

First, I am very grateful that Carnival is giving those of us with upcoming cruises this option under the uncertain circumstances.  THANK YOU CARNIVAL.

If the majority of us that are on the covered cruises take advantage of the rescheduling option, and I think that will be the case, I cannot imagine Carnival will keep their sailing schedule with half-empty (or worse) ships.  I would guess that some significant changes would be made to consolidate cruises, no?   

I think the ships will all sail.  We are on the Magic 3/14 with a group of 35 and all are going.  I imagine there will be some great deals.  Being a Floridian, I can’t wait. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CarolSW said:

Can someone explain “100% of cancellation fees”?

Does that mean the entire cost of the cruise that we have already paid for the covered cruises? 

It means it covers the cost you would be liable for if you cancel, depending on your sail date, you might be only charged 75% so you would get 75%. 

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think the ships will all sail.  We are on the Magic 3/14 with a group of 35 and all are going.  I imagine there will be some great deals.  Being a Floridian, I can’t wait. 

Hoping a bunch of people cancel, so we have plenty of chairs, waiters, etc!  That extra $200 will add to what we thought was already too much, so we will have a good time!

• Like 6

So we went through a travel agent.   I would assume any email would be routed through them.    

Meanwhile someone in my cruise group is claiming this offer is only for people that booked directly through carnival.     I don’t see where they are getting that, but wondered if anyone that has received the OBC or email supporting it, went through a TA?

thank you in advance for any information.   

15 minutes ago, rukkian said:

Hoping a bunch of people cancel, so we have plenty of chairs, waiters, etc!  That extra $200 will add to what we thought was already too much, so we will have a good time!

Right? 
This is where I am.  Also hoping for a chance to upgrade.  

• Like 3

Just now, deb63 said:

So we went through a travel agent.   I would assume any email would be routed through them.    

Meanwhile someone in my cruise group is claiming this offer is only for people that booked directly through carnival.     I don’t see where they are getting that, but wondered if anyone that has received the OBC or email supporting it, went through a TA?

I have not gotten one for mine (through a big box store) or for my clients on the same cruise next week, tried to call and was on hold for an hour, so figured I would try later.

2 minutes ago, deb63 said:

The notification might be skewed that way, but the eligibility is uniform, no matter how you book, all treated equal. 

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

The notification might be skewed that way, but the eligibility is uniform, no matter how you book, all treated equal. 

Thank you.   

I know it is too new to know for sure.    But the wording certainly didn’t make it sound exclusive to direct bookings.    

Im feeling confused this morning.   We have a cruised booked May 23,  with $198 in non refundable deposit.

Final payment is due Monday. So if I decide to cancel I will get my $198 in a FCC?

If I go ahead and make final payment I will still have until March 31 to change my mind?

If I decide to cancel on March 31 all my payments will go on a FCC to be used before 03/2021

Am I understanding this correctly.  

9 minutes ago, deb63 said:

Thank you.   

I know it is too new to know for sure.    But the wording certainly didn’t make it sound exclusive to direct bookings.    

It is not, we have received a letter for us to share with our clients (we are ta’s).  It covers everyone, trust me.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Im feeling confused this morning.   We have a cruised booked May 23,  with $198 in non refundable deposit.

Final payment is due Monday. So if I decide to cancel I will get my $198 in a FCC?

If I go ahead and make final payment I will still have until March 31 to change my mind?

If I decide to cancel on March 31 all my payments will go on a FCC to be used before 03/2021

Am I understanding this correctly.  

Yup

3 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

@jimbo5544 what do you think the chances carnival would make an exception and allow people to rebook now for a cruise past the March 31, 2021 timeframe?

we already have 2 other cruises booked through march 2021, and with schools in session not many other options.

Who knows.  This is already unchartered grounds.  I would wait until the dust cleared and then ask to have it applied to an existing.