Carnival Modifies Cancellation Policy

CCLcruiser91

On 3/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, Stick93 said:

Everyone  will book again and there will never be a no risk policy. Would you like the companies to go out of business - they have to weather the storm and we as customers have to do what we feel comfortable doing. If you don’t think this is going away then don’t book. If you believe summer will be better than book. But if you book you are paying and your money will be tied up! 

If the cruise industry gets a bailout from federal funds, they damn sure better implement a no risk policy to protect those of us who funded that bailout.

44 minutes ago, Garf said:

I just cancel my cruise for July 4, on the Breeze.

How do I cancel on line? I went on my cruise manager page and could not find any place to click in a cancellation. Phone lines are out at Carnival.

9 minutes ago, Freebo said:

How do I cancel on line? I went on my cruise manager page and could not find any place to click in a cancellation. Phone lines are out at Carnival.

For some annoying reason they bury it and made it impossible to find.

On the Booking & Order Details page, there is a link called View Balance Details. Click on that and you should see a Cruise Details page. on the bottom of this page is a link called View cancellation information. Click on that and finally click on Cancel this booking

Edited by shof515

9 minutes ago, Freebo said:

Log into your Carnival account-Look for Red Banner/Flag that says XX days till cruising and click

On the top of the page look for “Booking & Order Details”, look for “your bookings”

Next to the “Paid In Full” choose “View Balance Details” and look for “View Cancellation Information”.

This is also where you should see the total that you are going to be getting for your FCC

Assuming you're cancelling under the new policy (letter/email rec'd from Carnival), if so you absolutely can cancel this way, even though it says "your penalty will be XXXX" Carnival will process as a FCC. 

If I decided to cancel my cruise all booked excursions would be refunded to credit card used. But problem I would have some of the excursions was charged on a card I no longer have.  Does anyone know what would happen with refund for them?

Yep. Call your credit card/bank ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, rudoja00 said:

If the cruise industry gets a bailout from federal funds, they damn sure better implement a no risk policy to protect those of us who funded that bailout.

Let me know how that works out. We the tax payer and we the consumer are insignificant!! I am betting it doesn’t trickle down. 

Pulled this from John Heald's page.

I wanted to make sure I shared that we had listened to your feedback and guests sailing on cruises from May through September, 2020, may now cancel by 30 days prior to sailing. We also are giving you more time to redeem your future cruise credit so you can travel within one year of your original sailing date.

details here and emails coming soon

KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

Edited by miataman19
  • Like 1

Just a quick update on the turn-around for everything.  I had a cruise scheduled for 3/22.  I had cancelled that cruise on Friday, 3/6.  Got back FCC that day and credit card was credited on Sunday 3/8 for balance.  Yesterday - Wednesday 3/11 - I received back the charges for  internet time, bottomless bubbles and water I had pre-purchased.  Very pleased with turn-around time!

• 3 weeks later...

Garf..we are on the same cruise with you..did your PVP let you cancel..They had no problem last week to force us to make our final payment which we did so they could not cancel us and then we would loose all our money..just let us cancel..hugs and stay safe