Best Self Tanner

I have used Jergen's Natural glow in medium/dark. My skin isn't pink/white, more of a green undertone, but I get pale in the winter. After a shower I slather it on as even as I can and then wash my palms thoroughly with soap and water so my palms don't get stained. There is a Jergens Natural glow for you face as well. I would also wait for 5 minutes before putting on any clothes so it dries and doesn't transfer. Good luck!

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I have used Jergen's Natural glow in medium/dark. My skin isn't pink/white, more of a green undertone, but I get pale in the winter. After a shower I slather it on as even as I can and then wash my palms thoroughly with soap and water so my palms don't get stained. There is a Jergens Natural glow for you face as well. I would also wait for 5 minutes before putting on any clothes so it dries and doesn't transfer. Good luck!

Another "white" girl that uses Jergen's.  I've tried some others, some pretty expensive, and Jergen's works fine for me.   

I'm about to start my Spring Slather - my body hasn't seen the sun since the beginning of November!!!

I’m not a fan of Jergens...it feels so greasy, and doesn’t dry down for me.  Also didn’t work very well for me, but that was just my experience.  YMMV

I like St Tropez “Express Bronzing Mousse” and Clarins “Self Tanning Instant Gel”.  They both work well for me, last a long time, aren’t too greasy or smelly.  For my face, I use Clarins “glow booster” that I mix w moisturizer, and it works really well. 

I usually use the self tanner at night...let it dry down a bit and then wear loose cotton pajamas.  Wake up to a tan.  😉. I do it a few times a week til I get the color I want, and then once a week to maintain.

Edited by CutieKakes
  • Like 1

I HATE the smell of Jargons....I use Suave's Visible Glow....does the same as Jargons, but without the overpowering odor!    This will give you COLOR, but you won't be BROWN..... (or orange)....just keeps you from looking like you're from Minnesota or something... (no offense intended to our northern states!.....just you don't get a lot of sun!)  

I use it for about 3 nights straight....to get the color that looks normal...then every couple days will maintain it.  I only use it on my legs and arms.    Never tried it on my face, but I would guess your belly would work ok!

I can only find this online....just so you know....used to be in Walmart, but I can't find it there anymore.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, cb at sea said:

...just keeps you from looking like you're from Minnesota or something... 

HEY... I resemble that remark!!! (Truly I do!!)

Good to know about Suave. I can't stand the smell of Jergen's either. Jergen's also tends to turn me "orange".... so not my favorite. I really like the effect of St Tropez classic foam... the color is good and I seem to be able to apply it evenly with my hands - but I ended up reapplying daily on vacation a couple weeks ago so that was a bit annoying. 

Will give Suave a shot.

Here’s another vote for St. Tropez foam mousse. I’ve used it for several years now and always get compliments.  Natural looking. Be sure and use the mitt to apply it evenly.  There’s one version that’s called Marshmallow mousse that has a fuzzy mitt that I like even better.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, mderaba said:

Here’s another vote for St. Tropez foam mousse. I’ve used it for several years now and always get compliments.  Natural looking. Be sure and use the mitt to apply it evenly.  There’s one version that’s called Marshmallow mousse that has a fuzzy mitt that I like even better.  

Ordered this on eBay ---- it works & does make me orange!