Sky Transatlantic March 6 2020 Almost Live

Clay Clayton

• 3 weeks later...

We did not go on this cruise even though our . thanksbags were all packed. We received notice two days before that we would receive a voucher if we chose not to go . This is what we did and have received vouchers for what we paid. I never knew where you went. I think you ended up back in Florida and didn't go to Barcelona. What happened? At first I regretted not  going but I think it might have been the right decision in the end. Did anyone have the virus? I'm not sure we will be able to travel until there is a vaccine . Thanks

Clay thank you for letting us know you have received something. Was it credited to your credit card or sent by check to your home?

Kthinlyns...no one to my knowledge had the virus. Temps were taken before anyone could board. It was a wonderful 11 days. Captain made a very wise decision to turn right around and head for Miami. Glad we went, but knowing what we know now, we wouldn't have and as a result have cancelled all of our cruises for 2020. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 5:07 PM, kthlnlyns said:

We did not go on this cruise even though our . thanksbags were all packed. We received notice two days before that we would receive a voucher if we chose not to go . This is what we did and have received vouchers for what we paid. I never knew where you went. I think you ended up back in Florida and didn't go to Barcelona. What happened? At first I regretted not  going but I think it might have been the right decision in the end. Did anyone have the virus? I'm not sure we will be able to travel until there is a vaccine . Thanks

This thread isn’t very long...how about reading through it and if you then have questions I’ll be happy to answer

On 4/14/2020 at 7:57 PM, jonthomas said:

Clay thank you for letting us know you have received something. Was it credited to your credit card or sent by check to your home?

It was a check. This is what I was told to expect when I finally got Viking to agree to refund it to us. 

FWIW, when we were owed a refund (of OBC) on our Chinese cruise in October, they told us on the ship it would appear on our credit card 10-15 business days after disembarkation. However, we received a check instead within the same time frame. Mike and I were discussing it and I suggested that perhaps the credit card company’s charge a fee to process refunds and that the cost of manually writing checks is cheaper for Viking.  

So far we have not received the promised payment for 3/14ths of our cruise fare nor for the unused balance of our refundable credit. I’ll post here when it shows up 🤞

Edited by Clay Clayton

• 3 weeks later...

We did not use a TA and reserved through Viking. They were very responsive and called to announce the refunds.

Like Clay, our refund did not include our drinks package but then, 2/14th of that is not worth a phone call.

We also received our 50% voucher 2 weeks ago. 

We booked with a TA and they notified them by phone (and then they called me) that they were processing our refund about a week ago. 

I got a call this evening from Viking in response to my email about the final monies owed us-balance of our onboard credits. Said they would be refunded by check within nine weeks of our disembarkation, so by May 19th. 

It seems to me that Viking makes more work for themselves by just kit combining the refunds into a single payment. 

• 2 weeks later...

We received the final refund owed us yesterday (onboard credit balance) via check.  So 64 calendar days from disembarkation and three payments (two check and one credit card credit). Seems sorts long and like lots of unnecessary work to me, but I’m not running a mega company.  Just glad to have it done!

Hope all are healthy and not going to crazy during isolation!

Received my onboard account refund Monday by check. I am still waiting on reimbursement for prepaid Viking excursions, unused Silver Spirits package and prepaid airport transfers for Venice. These were all paid by credit card.

1 hour ago, Owlfred said:

Received my onboard account refund Monday by check. I am still waiting on reimbursement for prepaid Viking excursions, unused Silver Spirits package and prepaid airport transfers for Venice. These were all paid by credit card.

For what it’s worth, I had to call (several times) to get my refund of the unused prepaid gratuities.  Viking seemed to think they were non-refundable.  They finally gave up and sent me a check which said it was for “customer relations”. That sorta irked me but money is money.