Sky Transatlantic March 6 2020 Almost Live

Clay Clayton

Based on my understanding of the news, US Citizens can fly home to certain ports.  Doesn’t affect us (unless we aren’t allowed to stay in Europe by the Europeans which based) since we aren’t scheduled to fly until May 2nd 

Nothing officially announced yet and I haven’t had it in me yet (just eating breakfast at 9:30 am ships time) to see what madhouse Guest Services must be  I suspect we will have a very long noon announcement. 

Sorry to see that you can’t complete your journey.  The corrected noticed states that us citizens and permanent residents can fly from Europe after health checks.  Another correction states that trade will not be affected.  Best wishes to al affected.

You and your fellow Viking  cruisers sound like great people with the right priorities....as does Viking, to honest.  I'm recently retired and people have suggested a lot of lines for me to consider, but honestly, Viking is the only one on my list if I'm fortunate enough to book one day.  Viking sounds like it also has its priorities in the right place.  

I'm sorry for the disruption to your trip, but best wishes for a safe and healthy journey home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Hopefully, they will take their time in getting you back to Miami. Time to continue to enjoy your cruise -- and time to find a flight back home.

Thanks!  We don’t have a firm date yet so can’t start that fun effort.  But that’s ok, dealing with canceling Airbnbs and such. 

6 hours ago, cruisebug722 said:

Clay,

thanks for all your blogs - sorry your extended trip is being cancelled.  Be safe and enjoy your last days of solitude I'm sure it will be chaos on your return to Florida.

Thanks.  I’m hoping not! The chaos part. 😂

6 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks.  I’m hoping not! The chaos part. 😂

So so sorry for your cruise news - having to turn back to Miami.   It is another reminder that we should all enjoy each day we have while cruising and not be whiners and worried about little things that happen on a cruise ship. You both have been so exemplary in sharing your enjoyment and zest for life onboard!  We thank you for that.

We just hope that you, and all of us cruisers, will get to go again someday soon, even if that is not until 2021.

Safe travels home.   Again shows why Viking is the best!

• Like 4

Thanks for your report.   It sounds like you are having a relaxing without stress cruise.

How many ports missed?

Fortunate no one onboard  has been infected with Covid-19.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  👍

Edited by Justalone

5 hours ago, Justalone said:

Thanks for your report.   It sounds like you are having a relaxing without stress cruise.

How many ports missed?

Fortunate no one onboard  has been infected with Covid-19.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  👍

We missed Madeira and disembarking in Barcelona.  

Just had the official announcement, we will be docking at Terminal J (where we left) in Miami “in the wee hours” of March 17. The announcement says we should be able to start disembarking at 7 am.  I’m hopeful that is the case and we don’t get caught up in some sort of quarantine. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jacquesmm said:

I hope they let us sleep and get off the boat later than 7AM

Don't have to worry about turnaround and prepping for the next batch of passengers. Should let them remain onboard til noon. But not up to me. Makes a lot of sense to simply turn around and go back.