New NCL cancellation policy 3/6/2020

justhappy

14 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Not really well done. They are not refunding any prepaid items (SDP and Specialty restaurant fees, taxes, port charges, etc.) like they did in the past for canceled cruises. Instead, they're holding all of that money hostage...just to entice you to book another cruise. Plus, on our May 3rd Mediterranean cruise we had free round-trip airfare to Europe and back. That won't carry over, either.

It’s not perfect but a lot better than losing everything. And having almost three years to sail is not too shabby.

Edited by EBRB
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

What if someone cancels, takes the FCC for another cruise in late 2020 and this situation is still not resolved?  Will NCL allow us to cancel again for a FCC?  

You have until December 2022.

I'm shocked that NCL is giving us any choice at all.  We were booked on a Jade Hong Kong/Singapore cruise last month, and if anybody wanted to cancel, the response from NCL was "I hope you bought insurance with cancel for any reason".  

8 minutes ago, EBRB said:

You have until December 2022.

Yes, but the question was about, what if you cancel a cruise scheduled for next month, and use your FCC to book a cruise in August or September 2020.  Will they let you cancel "again", a second time for FCC that can be used until December 2022?

6 minutes ago, schildiams said:

SO if we are in the 50% cancel period, can we cancel and get 50% back and put the other %50 towards the FCC? Or can we only get a FCC for the entire amount?

This is what I am wondering. I just want to cancel, too. Get a refund. I don't want anything to do with this, any longer.

1 hour ago, justhappy said:
FCC will include all components of the reservation that have been paid, including but not limited to: shore excursions, beverage and dining packages (including associated gratuities), service charges and air or transfers pre purchased through Norwegian.Note any insurance purchased on existing bookings will not be included in the FCC amounT.

I didn't see this portion on NCL's site.  Where did you see this?

Basically they are protecting a fall in prices, without this guarantee the ships would be empty with no future bookings, now there pricing can stay the same, and people will continue to book, NCL will have the interest on your money, win win for NCL...

• Like 2

Cancel your shore excursions right now!  I just called NCL and I was able to cancel all of my shore excursions for our cruise next month.  The representative said that I will receive a refund to my CC in 7 to 10 business days.  Do this while you still can.  The message from NCL in the OP says that they will not refund any components of your existing cruise "including shore excursions", and that will be part of the FCC that they will hold back until you book a new cruise.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BigGuru said:

The link above is for the Canadian NCL site, any confirmation that this is the same for U.S. consumers?  I couldn't find on the U.S. NCL site.

Seriously: here's the link for you; 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?intcmp=pro_hp_PEACEOFMIND&fbclid=IwAR1PtIbU3wJzHY1idklQ1H-SfTYEDPpycbVBKjuSICSF8eqCJYUfOKEdxgU

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Not really well done. They are not refunding any prepaid items (SDP and Specialty restaurant fees, taxes, port charges, etc.) like they did in the past for canceled cruises.

These aren't cancelled cruises though - these are for cruises that are still running, that passengers have changed their minds about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Let it be known that Princess was lax in screening the passengers when they boarded the Grand Princess cruise on Feb 11, 2020 and this caused TWO elderly people to die from Coronavirus after they disembarked. 

When we embarked the Spirit in Civitavecchia on Feb 14 they checked our temp twice - once as we entered the terminal, and again before we went upstairs to the check-in area. And the check-in took longer as they had to take everyone's passports to the officials who checked each page for any questionable stamps.

I am scheduled to fly to Papeete for a Tahiti to Hawaii cruise.  French Polynesia has implemented a requirement that anyone flying in must present a medical certificate at the airport, dated within 5 days.  So the initial check will be before anyone gets on a plane.  They also have a rule that all visitors must arrive in Papeete before visiting any other locations, but have in the past granted exceptions for cruise ships that are ending their cruise in Papeete.  Those exceptions have been canceled as they try to do whatever they can to keep their country virus free without losing their tourist trade.  So the Sydney-Papeete cruise ahead of this one is changing course to abide by the rules - will stop in Papeete to get clearance, then go to their scheduled ports and hopefully will be able to complete their cruise.

My concern isn’t about a FCC.  Like many, I paid for a vacation that cost near 10k for my entire family of 6 (3 rooms) and getting a FCC does nothing to help now pay for an alternate vacation over spring break that I may now have to make over all this.  They just hold on to my 10k?  

If we aren’t able to go or ‘travel isn’t advised’ I want 100% refunded within 2 weeks.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

So the message in the link doesn't give any details.  Will they refund any components that we have paid?  What about pre-paid shore excursions?  

9 minutes ago, caterpa said:

If we aren’t able to go or ‘travel isn’t advised’ I want 100% refunded within 2 weeks.  

Yea, and I want to date Jennifer Lawrence.  Let's see which of our "wants" comes to fruition.  lol

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

There may be certain cruises where so many people are cancelling that NCL decides to cancel the whole cruise.  So what happens in that case?  Since you no longer have a choice, would NCL be forced to give you a refund?  Will they still try to hold your money hostage?

Just now, Lou33 said:

So the message in the link doesn't give any details.  Will they refund any components that we have paid?  What about pre-paid shore excursions?  

Well, prepaid shore excursions, taxes, fees, those are refunded regardless of the reason for cancellation.  The major thing with this offer, IMO, is whether they give "FULL" credit for the cruise fare.  If so, great for those who want to cancel and not take the cruise.