Family Cabins

Canucksfan653

Anybody know of cabins that comfortably fit a family of four. The 2 bedroom haven suites on NCL are just a bit too expensive and Family Harbor suites on Carnival are a little cheap. Does anybody know of a good in between preferably in the 5-8k price range. 

Most cruise ships have connecting cabins - 2 separate room, and you can keep the door open between them.    Depending on the age of any children involved, you may need to book the rooms with at least 1 adult in each room, but once you get onboard, you can arrange sleeping any way you choose.    This could work out to be cheaper than many large suites.   

15 hours ago, Kartgv said:

Most cruise ships have connecting cabins - 2 separate room, and you can keep the door open between them.    Depending on the age of any children involved, you may need to book the rooms with at least 1 adult in each room, but once you get onboard, you can arrange sleeping any way you choose.    This could work out to be cheaper than many large suites.   

Connecting is almost always cheaper than a suite. Even the minisuites on NCL are only balcony cabins with bigger bathrooms. I squeeze my family of 7 into two connecting balconies and it’s tight.

depends on the  4 people( adult versus kid and ages of the kids)  as well as  what you consider 'comfortable'

the average cruise cabin is much smaller than a hotel room.  

in many cases a pair of cabins( connecting or otherwise) is less expensive than a suite,  extra bathroom and more overall space. balcony for the parents with an inside across the hall for the kids is a popular configuration if the kids are older.  

18 hours ago, Canucksfan653 said:

Anybody know of cabins that comfortably fit a family of four. The 2 bedroom haven suites on NCL are just a bit too expensive and Family Harbor suites on Carnival are a little cheap. Does anybody know of a good in between preferably in the 5-8k price range. 

Sorry I have been cruising before and this was just the most suitable tab. We have done the balcony and interior before we just thought it would be nice to be in the same room. Our kids are 18 and 16 years old so it would have to be some type of suite. The pricing would be for a week cruise

4 hours ago, Canucksfan653 said:

Sorry I have been cruising before and this was just the most suitable tab. We have done the balcony and interior before we just thought it would be nice to be in the same room. Our kids are 18 and 16 years old so it would have to be some type of suite. The pricing would be for a week cruise

RCCL Vision of the Seas has a 2 bedroom suite that accommodates 8. Not sure of other ships in the Royal fleet but I would imagine there are others. The Oasis class ships also have 2 bedroom suites.

14 hours ago, Canucksfan653 said:

Prices vary greatly based on cabin, ship, length, port of embarkment, itinerary, time of year.... We cruise off peak from NYC and our 2 balconies usually add up to about $8000 all in. Suites are too expensive for us.

My kids are little but we are booked in 2 connecting rooms for our upcoming cruise. We booked 2 Oceanviews,  but even if we booked 2 balcony it would have still worked out cheaper than a suite that would be comfortable for our family. 

On the NCL Jewel class of ships we always book a non-haven 2 Bedroom family suite. It is cheaper than a haven AND You still get all the same Haven perks i.e. Private breakfast and lunch, concierge, butler, etc! The only thing you do not get is access to the Haven pool.

We generally sail in Grand Suites on RCI ships with our son, but he is only 10.  I think it would get too crowded with two teenagers.  An Owners Suite might do in a pinch, but the suggestion for a 2 bedroom Grand Suite (the old Royal Family Suites), or the two bedroom Aqua Theater Suites on Oasis class would work.  

• 1 month later...

I just booked our family on Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Sea. I got a front ocean view room (8th floor) that says it fits up to 6.  It has the 2 twin beds to make a king, bunk beds and a pull out couch.

We are loyal to royal and have traveled in JS, VPs, VOs and Ultra Spacious OV with our family of 5 (2 adults and three kids (they are currently 10,8,4).  The Ultra Spacious OV will be your cheapest bet and they are great! They have a bunk area with two bids, some even have their own little bedroom, usually a pull out sofa that can fit another 2 and then the Royal King.  We also have a ultra spacious OV booked for Brilliance next year.