Huge Southwest airfare reduction on MCO to SJU for Carnival Fascination on 5/3/20

ZoeyVictoria

We booked our flights on Southwest the day they were released and used 46,000 points for two round-trip tickets.  I have been checking the prices and watched them rise steadily.  Tonight those flights are less than half price; we were refunded over 24,600 points.

12 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Flights to SJU on Delta are currently going for $79. 

I just looked at those flights again (curious about the cash price), and in two hours it changed from 21,000 points to 31,000.  It has been seven years since I have flown, and I had no idea how changeable fares are.  I guess I was at the right place at the right time on this deal.

We're going from Denver to Houston and ours dropped a total of $100 on two tickets.  Will be keeping an eye.  They were cheap flights to begin with, but I'll take it.  Currently at $371 round trip for two.

12 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I just looked at those flights again (curious about the cash price), and in two hours it changed from 21,000 points to 31,000.  It has been seven years since I have flown, and I had no idea how changeable fares are.  I guess I was at the right place at the right time on this deal.

Back down to 23,000 points this morning.  We knew months ago that we would need to fly to San Juan, so we got a Southwest credit card.  There was a 40,000 point bonus for spending $1,000 in three months, then we referred the card to my SO’s sister for another 10,000 points.  Round-trip flights to San Juan for two for only the $69 annual credit card fee plus $22 9-1-1 charge, and enough points left for another flight.  Love a great deal!

• Like 1

Thanks for this! I checked our flight on Southwest from BWI to New Orleans in May and it had dropped $240 roundtrip for two people.  Called and we now have a $120 credit each. 

This is when the SW change policies are so very helpful. I wish the others were just half as accommodating. Given the current situation, I hope the change fees are at least waived by other airlines bc it’s a huge hit to the consumer who purchased their tickets before March 1 and need to change/cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, hawkeye93 said:

This is when the SW change policies are so very helpful. I wish the others were just half as accommodating. Given the current situation, I hope the change fees are at least waived by other airlines bc it’s a huge hit to the consumer who purchased their tickets before March 1 and need to change/cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received an email today from Allegiant saying they will wave fees.  I  did not want to pay the extra $58 change fee for my $75 round trip flight.  Glad I have the option of cancelling now. I don't plan on it but one in our group may.