"Cruise With Confidence" query for Bonnie

AJCM

Bonnie

Could you seek clarification please. The terms indicate any pre-paid extras, e.g. shore excursions, will be included in the future cruise credit; as follows :

Q : Upon cancellation, will I be credited for any pre-cruise purchases, for onboard products such as shore excursions, etc.?
A : Yes, pre-cruise purchases for onboard products with the cruise line will be refunded to the original form of payment.

I'm assuming that if shore excursions are pre-booked using on board credit, that OBC will not be included in the future cruise credit. Please confirm.

Thanks

Tony

Bonnie

the terms also refer to the FCC being available to use on new bookings. We have B2B booked for 2021. Please confirm whether we can or cannot apply the FCC toward the balance of those two cruises. I’d hate to have to cancel those cruises, incurring cancellation penalties, so that we could use the FCC.

thanks again

1 hour ago, AJCM said:

Bonnie

the terms also refer to the FCC being available to use on new bookings. We have B2B booked for 2021. Please confirm whether we can or cannot apply the FCC toward the balance of those two cruises. I’d hate to have to cancel those cruises, incurring cancellation penalties, so that we could use the FCC.

thanks again

Thanks for asking that AJCM, we’re in exactly the same position.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AJCM said:

Bonnie

Could you seek clarification please. The terms indicate any pre-paid extras, e.g. shore excursions, will be included in the future cruise credit; as follows :

Q : Upon cancellation, will I be credited for any pre-cruise purchases, for onboard products such as shore excursions, etc.?
A : Yes, pre-cruise purchases for onboard products with the cruise line will be refunded to the original form of payment.

I'm assuming that if shore excursions are pre-booked using on board credit, that OBC will not be included in the future cruise credit. Please confirm.

Thanks

Tony

Same question we had here. Thanks for asking. We also have 4 free nights attached to our cruise and a Refer and Receive  certificate. We hope that these can be credited back as well. 

Thanks Bonnie - will help with our decision making in May. I’m hopeful but not very optimistic. It’s a terrible burden for all the cruise companies.

Tony

• Thanks 1

We also have 4 free nights attached to the April 23rd cruise from Athens to Venice and am wondering if that can be transferred to a future cruise in 2021.  We are also booked on the March 28th cruise from Dubai to Athens. 

Thanks Bonnie for all of your help and answers during this stressful time for all of us.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Ok, I will have an answer for you by Monday.

Thanks Bonnie.

Perhaps you may also have answers to the questions I asked in the thread "Questions for Bonnie MacLaird" by then?

Bonnie here's another question on the cruise with confidence policy.  I am hearing differing opinions on this.  If I am in the 50% cancellation window now and if I cancel will I get 50% back to my credit card and a 50% FCC?  People cancelling Celebrity seem to be getting this split rather a 100% FCC.  

13 hours ago, Wheelhouse said:

Bonnie here's another question on the cruise with confidence policy.  I am hearing differing opinions on this.  If I am in the 50% cancellation window now and if I cancel will I get 50% back to my credit card and a 50% FCC?  People cancelling Celebrity seem to be getting this split rather a 100% FCC.  

Hello, 

We cancelled yesterday in the 75%-25% window and had the surprise of getting 25% back on a CC and 75% on a FCC. We didn't think of that, so that was a good news...we were within 4 days of getting 100% FCC.

Hope this helps, 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vana said:

Hello, 

We cancelled yesterday in the 75%-25% window and had the surprise of getting 25% back on a CC and 75% on a FCC. We didn't think of that, so that was a good news...we were within 4 days of getting 100% FCC.

Hope this helps, 

Thanks Vana,   That's good news

On 3/7/2020 at 5:23 AM, BBMacLaird said:

Ok, I will have an answer for you by Monday.

We did not receive any reply from Azamara to these questions on Monday.  We still need answers.  I have OBC from Azamara for this cruise.  It should be transferred to any new cruise, along with the FCC.  Bonnie, can you confirm that it will be transferred?  Thank you!

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 12:47 AM, AJCM said:

Bonnie

thanks again

I suggest you call our Customer Service to inquire. 

2 hours ago, Twiga said:

We did not receive any reply from Azamara to these questions on Monday.  We still need answers.  I have OBC from Azamara for this cruise.  It should be transferred to any new cruise, along with the FCC.  Bonnie, can you confirm that it will be transferred?  Thank you!

As I recommend above, you should inquire when you call our Customer Service. 

• 2 weeks later...

AfterBonnie posted the email for customer services the other day, I used it and have now had confirmation that FCC can be applied to B2B cruises we already have booked. Very happy, as the net cost is a bit less than this year, so we can consider a third cruise for next year.

Very happy with this outcome.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AJCM said:

AfterBonnie posted the email for customer services the other day, I used it and have now had confirmation that FCC can be applied to B2B cruises we already have booked. Very happy, as the net cost is a bit less than this year, so we can consider a third cruise for next year.

Very happy with this outcome.

Thanks for letting us know. Great news.

• Like 1

I’ve now had confirmation from Az that OBC for this year’s cruises won’t be transferred to future cruises to which FCC will be applied. I expected this would be the answer but wanted certainty.

10 hours ago, AJCM said:

I’ve now had confirmation from Az that OBC for this year’s cruises won’t be transferred to future cruises to which FCC will be applied. I expected this would be the answer but wanted certainty.

We "lost" a massive amount of OBC on both our cancelled cruises, but we are at home, not stranded overseas and we have not contracted coronavirus. ☺️

This was included in the Q & A posted on 26 March :

7. Will I still get the same promotional offers when I re-book a new cruise?

Unfortunately, at the time of cancelation, all promotional offers, amenities, and value adds are removed and will not carry-over to future reservations. Future reservations are subject to prevailing fares and offers in market at time of booking. If you have booked any shore excursions, beverage packages, or other pre-cruise purchases, you will receive a refund to the original form of payment.

Edited by Baynanno1

As the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we recognize the need for more flexibility during this time. We are extending our temporary Cruise with Confidence cancellation policy. All guests who are currently booked on sailings on or before September 1, 2020 can now cancel their reservation up to 48 hours to departure. Learn more: https://www.azamara.com/cruise-with-confidence

5 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

As the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we recognize the need for more flexibility during this time. We are extending our temporary Cruise with Confidence cancellation policy. All guests who are currently booked on sailings on or before September 1, 2020 can now cancel their reservation up to 48 hours to departure. Learn more: https://www.azamara.com/cruise-with-confidence

Thanks for the very recent update Bonnie. (it wasn't there an hour ago)

A question arises from this line :

"Simply cancel – for any reason – at least 48 hours before your sailing, and within one week, you’ll receive your Future Cruise Credit."

If this can be enacted so quickly, why are we still waiting for refund plus FCC for our cruise cancelled by Azamara on 10 March, as well as FCC for our cruise cancelled by Azamara on 14 March?

Thanks,

Trish