Escape Review....Glad We Didn't Cancel...Reader's Digest Version

1 minute ago, GettotheSun said:

I meant to ask you, so it is American Diner on the Getaway now?  Did they offer you lunch there the first day for free as a Haven guest, or perhaps due to the boarding delays that wasn't an option?

We were on Escape, which I think you meant. 🙃  It still has Margaritaville.  We were not offered a complimentary lunch but since we missed the orientation due to losing our guide on the way to the Haven, I may have missed that so can't really say for sure.  Even so, we would have passed.  One of my embarkation day rituals is to have lunch in the calm of the Haven (or MDR) with a nice glass of pino to kick off the vacation.  I miss it already.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We were on Escape, which I think you meant. 🙃  It still has Margaritaville.  We were not offered a complimentary lunch but since we missed the orientation due to losing our guide on the way to the Haven, I may have missed that so can't really say for sure.  Even so, we would have passed.  One of my embarkation day rituals is to have lunch in the calm of the Haven (or MDR) with a nice glass of pino to kick off the vacation.  I miss it already.  

LOL yes, sorry...I meant Escape (we're going on Getaway...yikes I hope we get on the right ship!)  I think your ritual sounds pretty good! 😄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rccllovergirl said:

Do you know by any chance if Snow room(or whatever they call it) in the Thermal spa is open?  it was closed on my last trip on the Escape and i heard that it had never been fixed since then.  Thank you

I went in the snow room one time and it seemed fully operational with snow on floor and walls. But by the end of the week most had melted although it was still cool inside. Looked like there were problems but I never saw a “closed” sign. 

18 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Love the sliders the Haven serves upon embarkation! 😉

• Like 1

Thanks for your report. We're sailing March 14th, less than a week away.

Is there a suggested quite place for morning coffee? 

Also, any ' shady' areas that are quiet? Not crowded. We tend to camp out ' under the lifeboats' on Disney...hoping there's something similar on the escape.

27 minutes ago, John E. Canuck said:

Thanks for your report. We're sailing March 14th, less than a week away.

Is there a suggested quite place for morning coffee? 

Also, any ' shady' areas that are quiet? Not crowded. We tend to camp out ' under the lifeboats' on Disney...hoping there's something similar on the escape.

Escape has the Waterfront on deck 8 that spans almost the whole circumference of the ship.  There is always a shady side, which I prefer as well.  It is very quiet and has comfortable seating throughout.  Perfect place to enjoy coffee, read a book, etc.  

• Like 1