Cruise Credit & Calculation and use of FCC (merged)

chromered7

2 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

AJCM has posted (post #22) in the topic ‘Suspension extended to 11 June’ that they have received an email from Azamara confirming that FCCs can be used for existing bookings.

Thanks.

I have asked that AJCM post the content of that email - for the avoidance of doubt. 

Azamara could have been more flexible with all cruises booked with FCC.  I booked on board last for a cruise next year.  By my cruise this year on another line was cancelled and they allowed me to move up to a similar itinerary (new ship) next spring.  I asked Azamara for some flexibility with my FCC and they refused other than to say I had to book a new cruise by 12/20.  I just took $75 of my $275 back and they kept my $200.  I think that's kind of cheap and stupid on their part because if they waited one more year, I would have paid full balance on a cruise.  The deal Silversea gave me to move over was worth $thousands.  One line in the same cruise family treated me well.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 12:26 PM, BBMacLaird said:

Hello Makingupforlosttime, per our Travel Advisory and the letters sent to you/your travel agent, the refund should be expected 30-days after you submitted your request. Thus, yours should show up in about 2-weeks or so, depending on when you requested the refund instead of the 125% Future Cruise Credit.

https://www.azamara.com/travel-advisory 

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

p.s. I should point out that just because employees are working from home doesn't mean they are not working. I was just asking for a bit of understanding that everyone (worldwide!) is operating in new territory. 

Hey Bonnie, you said on March 27th that I could expect my refund to show up 2 weeks or so which would be Mid-April or so. I expressed many times my annoyance with how RCL was handling Azamara refunds with many people criticizing me for doing so. Some say I was repeating myself too often. I was also ahead of most people suggesting that the reason for delay was a lack of funds as opposed to a lack of people able to process the refunds. With your 2 week or so promise to pay me and it now being over 5-1/2 weeks can you please explain why I have not received my refund?

• Like 1