Cruise Credit & Calculation and use of FCC (merged)

chromered7

44 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Could be because you’re going through a Travel Agent. Has your Travel Agent had any contact from Azamara?

Thanks Denise, we will be following up tomorrow.

• Like 1

We canceled our 14 April cruise on 10 March, expecting 25% refund and 75% FCC. Nothing yet. I will check with our TA tomorrow. American Airlines and Marriott have been great! Full refunds took just a few days.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:34 AM, ptrpanpens said:

Has anyone received a future cruise credit on a recently cancelled cruise? Was it on a letter sent by mail or in an email attachment?

i received an email from Azamara today referencing an attachment for future cruise credit on a cruise I cancelled last week, but there was no attachment in the email.

The last time I received a future cruise credit, a letter was sent by regular mail from Azamara which had the future cruise credit attached.

just wondering if anyone has had this experience on a recent cruise credit issued since the Coronavirus situation.

We were on the 3/17 cruise Dubai-Athens. I cancelled it 3/9, several days before Azamara cancelled the cruise. On 3/17 Azamara sent me the FCC vouchers by email. And a couple of days after that, I received refunds to my charge card for the taxes & fees, plus out-of-pocket cots for Azamara shorex. Pretty quick, I would say.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gnld said:

We were on the 3/17 cruise Dubai-Athens. I cancelled it 3/9, several days before Azamara cancelled the cruise. On 3/17 Azamara sent me the FCC vouchers by email. And a couple of days after that, I received refunds to my charge card for the taxes & fees, plus out-of-pocket cots for Azamara shorex. Pretty quick, I would say.  🙂

Oops, s/b 3/28 cruise! We were on the 3/17 cruise, too (r/t Dubai). For that one, we'll get 100% refund to our charge card for cruise + Choice Air tickets. But Azamara rep told me on 3/17 it will take up to a month.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 3:29 PM, gnld said:

Hi Gary,

Wow! Azamara head office has been good to you.

Not to me.

I send my air change $1,000 request 2 weeks ago and they got back to me saying what I sent them is insufficient. After an hour with expedia I obtained another invoice, took screenshots of my credit card statement and replied hoping it is enough.

I also received and email that should have been addressed to another customer asking for similar information. The head office staff may be working hard BUT the delay and incorrect communication leaves me very concerned. When I reply to them expressing my concern I have no response.

Still waiting for cruise credit and fight change fee compensation.

On the contrary Oceania had my money back to me in two days.

I have split my loyalty between Oceania and Azamara over the past 10 years. It is times like this that the strength of a cruise ship company shines through.

A note to the staff on the ships. They are exceptional. They go beyond what we expect. They are my heroes in a time of crisis. Special thanks to Philip Hebert of The Quest who returned our suitcase in Dubais to our hotel via a staff member who was ashore at the time. 

I am hoping the head office gets their act together quickly and can do better.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:05 AM, Baynanno1 said:

Meanwhile, we have no word at all regarding the 100% refund and 25% FCC for our cancelled 17 March cruise and no word regarding the FCC for our 28 March cruise.

Is this because they are in USA and we are in Australia, or because they were able to deal directly with Azamara, while we had to go through a Travel Agent?

I was also booked on the 17th March cruise and have had no correspondence from Azamara either - I am not interested in the 25% FCC because I will not sail with them again,  but would like my money back so that I can book a future cruise with someone else whose Customer Service is not 0%. 

On 3/24/2020 at 8:34 AM, MakingUpForLostTime said:

A note to the staff on the ships. They are exceptional. They go beyond what we expect. They are my heroes in a time of crisis. Special thanks to Philip Hebert of The Quest who returned our suitcase in Dubais to our hotel via a staff member who was ashore at the time. 

I'm so glad you arrived home safely with your suitcase!  I was thinking about you the other day hoping you did meet up with your case.  We arrived home from the Quest safe and sound and we are now on day 11 of our self isolation.

Philip, Captain Magnus and Steven were amazing on our "mystery cruise" and we were so thankful they found a port that would allow the Quest to dock and we could disembark and get home.  The previous days spent trying to change flights and get Oman visas were busy, but worth it in the end.  We were sorry not to meet up with you on the March 17th cruise, but very grateful to be home.  Stay safe.

Heather

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

It’s interesting that in most cruise companies CC forums there are people complaining about poor customer service during this time.

We continue to ask for your patience. As a side note, please keep in mind that all of Florida is under a statewide lockdown. Employees of all lines are working from home and doing the best they can in this unprecedented situation. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

We continue to ask for your patience. As a side note, please keep in mind that all of Florida is under a statewide lockdown. Employees of all lines are working from home and doing the best they can in this unprecedented situation. 

Yes, quite. Everyone’s finding it hard at present and we should all think a bit before complaining, whichever cruise line we’re talking about - or even whichever company. I spent an hour on the phone today trying to talk to my bank. I eventually got through, but the customer service person I spoke to said exactly the same thing - people working from home in much less than ideal circumstances (especially regarding equipment etc) and not everyone able to work.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 9:41 AM, BBMacLaird said:

Bonnie -

A Google search this afternoon shows some local area in FL are under lockdown, but the whole state is NOT. And your Gov. DeSantis is still refusing to do so.

6 minutes ago, gnld said:

Bonnie -

A Google search this afternoon shows some local area in FL are under lockdown, but the whole state is NOT. And your Gov. DeSantis is still refusing to do so.

I am a resident of California. Our governor Newsom has shut down the whole state. 

Not sure which areas in Florida are locked down, but I do know my AZ co-workers are working from home.

19 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I am a resident of California. Our governor Newsom has shut down the whole state. 

Not sure which areas in Florida are locked down, but I do know my AZ co-workers are working from home.

But you wrote "all of Florida is under a statewide lockdown". I, too, live in CA and am well aware of our lockdown here.

Gary

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:34 PM, MakingUpForLostTime said:

Hi Gary,

Wow! Azamara head office has been good to you.

Not to me.

I send my air change $1,000 request 2 weeks ago and they got back to me saying what I sent them is insufficient. After an hour with expedia I obtained another invoice, took screenshots of my credit card statement and replied hoping it is enough.

I also received and email that should have been addressed to another customer asking for similar information. The head office staff may be working hard BUT the delay and incorrect communication leaves me very concerned. When I reply to them expressing my concern I have no response.

Still waiting for cruise credit and fight change fee compensation.

On the contrary Oceania had my money back to me in two days.

I have split my loyalty between Oceania and Azamara over the past 10 years. It is times like this that the strength of a cruise ship company shines through.

Please is it Ok to ask what was felt to be insufficient? We could only send Azamara a copy of what we were given at Muscat Airport, when paying our 180 Omani reals. We have heard nothing from them since then.

Edited by Lookyboy
error typing

16 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

Please is it Ok to ask what was felt to be insufficient? We could only send Azamara a copy of what we were given at Muscat Airport, when paying our 180 Omani reals. We have heard nothing from them since then.

I sent the email I received from expedia which showed a charge of $1,000 for changing 2 flights. This was not good enough so my claim has been delayed by over 2 weeks. This is what they said: "What we need to provide to our accounting team for the refund is invoices from all airlines involved outlining the cost of each of the flights, fees associated etc. Expedia should be able to provide this to you. "

On 3/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, quite. Everyone’s finding it hard at present and we should all think a bit before complaining, whichever cruise line we’re talking about - or even whichever company. I spent an hour on the phone today trying to talk to my bank. I eventually got through, but the customer service person I spoke to said exactly the same thing - people working from home in much less than ideal circumstances (especially regarding equipment etc) and not everyone able to work.

Please do not mistake people sharing experiences so we may have a better understanding of the situation as complaining. It appears that Azamara is reading this forum. I would hope that the pulse of the situation is being felt and being shared with the decision makers. We all have concerns to which timely communication from the people not paying us would be nice.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, BBMacLaird said:

As of what date were employees asked to work from home? My cruise was cancelled 17 days ago. My past experiences in regards to credits have been fantastic. Money almost immediately. We were the first ship to be cancelled by Azamara therefore we should be the first compensated. In the back of my mind I am wondering if Azamara is solvent enough to make the payment. This is not a nice thought when you are expecting $8,500.00 USD in your account and each day you check your account nothing has happened. Instead of money am told to be patient. 

Hello Makingupforlosttime, per our Travel Advisory and the letters sent to you/your travel agent, the refund should be expected 30-days after you submitted your request. Thus, yours should show up in about 2-weeks or so, depending on when you requested the refund instead of the 125% Future Cruise Credit.

https://www.azamara.com/travel-advisory 

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

p.s. I should point out that just because employees are working from home doesn't mean they are not working. I was just asking for a bit of understanding that everyone (worldwide!) is operating in new territory. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hello Makingupforlosttime, per our Travel Advisory and the letters sent to you/your travel agent, the refund should be expected 30-days after you submitted your request. Thus, yours should show up in about 2-weeks or so, depending on when you requested the refund instead of the 125% Future Cruise Credit.

https://www.azamara.com/travel-advisory 

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

p.s. I should point out that just because employees are working from home doesn't mean they are not working. I was just asking for a bit of understanding that everyone (worldwide!) is operating in new territory. 

Thanks for the response. Our cruise was the first cruise cancelled and this specific cruise was cancelled 7 days before we were depart. The letter sent to us on March 10th said clearly "In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will receive a full refund to their original method of payment and a 25% Future Cruise Credit (FCC)." The letter does not mention 30 days. see attached.

The on-line travel advisory you are having us link to is for everyone else which gives them the choice for a credit or FCC. These are very different.

Our cruise letter gave no choice and mentioned no timeframe. That was 17 days ago. We were the first cruise to be cancelled and logic would say, we would be the first to be processed. I called today and was told that "it is in the system" I asked what does that mean? I was told they don't know.

I was also denied my airfare credit of $1,000 because I booked through expedia and the charge invoice that expedia provides me is not good enough. I also provided my complete credit card statement showing two charges of $500 each to pay Air Canada for the change and still not good enough. Someone senior at Azamara needs to meet with this department and tell them to get their act together. Like I said, I cancelled my Oceania cruise and had the money within two days.

You have my understanding and I thank you for responding.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 3.31.38 PM.png

13 minutes ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

Thanks for the response. Our cruise was the first cruise cancelled and this specific cruise was cancelled 7 days before we were depart. The letter sent to us on March 10th said clearly "In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will receive a full refund to their original method of payment and a 25% Future Cruise Credit (FCC)." The letter does not mention 30 days. see attached.

The on-line travel advisory you are having us link to is for everyone else which gives them the choice for a credit or FCC. These are very different.

Our cruise letter gave no choice and mentioned no timeframe. That was 17 days ago. We were the first cruise to be cancelled and logic would say, we would be the first to be processed. I called today and was told that "it is in the system" I asked what does that mean? I was told they don't know.

I was also denied my airfare credit of $1,000 because I booked through expedia and the charge invoice that expedia provides me is not good enough. I also provided my complete credit card statement showing two charges of $500 each to pay Air Canada for the change and still not good enough. Someone senior at Azamara needs to meet with this department and tell them to get their act together. Like I said, I cancelled my Oceania cruise and had the money within two days.

You have my understanding and I thank you for responding.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 3.31.38 PM.png

We were booked on the same cruise and would have thought that refunds could have been processed quicker, I realise that life is more difficult now, it is for us all, but we live in the age of technology not the quill pen and things like this can be processed in bulk quickly after all payment is taken automatically from travel agents very promptly.

We also have been denied any air compensation because we supplied a cancellation invoice from a travel agent not a change fee invoice from an airline, but as the booking was made with an agent and was 100% non-refundable and non-changeable it’s all we can supply.

Azamara and by implication RCCL are treating their customers very poorly we feel they are prevaricating and delaying refunds to protect stock holders. But remember it’s the customers they will need when normality returns and we will remember how we’ve been treated.

We also have a booking for a b2b in October with balance due in early June, currently there’s no way we can commit to paying the balance to a company when we don’t know  how we will be treated when there’s still a high probability the cruises will be cancelled as they are Italy intensive.

• Like 2

Like MakingUpForLostTime and Riocca we were also booked on the 17 March cruise out of Dubai, received the same letter on 10 March, a few days before due to leave home and nothing since, although we do know some people (in USA) have received FCC for cruises cancelled somewhat later than 10 March.

On 3/12/2020 at 6:48 AM, Bromley said:

Q2. The Cruise With Confidence policy currently applies to cruise sailing up to 31st July 2020. Will this date be reviewed as the virus situation develops ? Our cruise departs 1st August 2020.

Effective today...

As the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we recognize the need for more flexibility during this time. We are extending our temporary Cruise with Confidence cancellation policy. All guests who are currently booked on sailings on or before September 1, 2020 can now cancel their reservation up to 48 hours to departure. Learn more: https://www.azamara.com/cruise-with-confidence

So since the Cruise with Confidence offer now applies to many more cruises, has Azamara given any thought to extending the use of FCCs beyond December 2021?    I am sure many of us will not be cruising in 2020, and  there are already many bookings made on Azamara's cruises for 2021, and some of us have other plans already in place for next year.    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, the mice said:

So since the Cruise with Confidence offer now applies to many more cruises, has Azamara given any thought to extending the use of FCCs beyond December 2021?    I am sure many of us will not be cruising in 2020, and  there are already many bookings made on Azamara's cruises for 2021, and some of us have other plans already in place for next year.    

I’m not privy to what’s being thought behind our executive doors, but I’ll happily pass along your suggestion. Thank you for your 2021 Azamara bookings! 

• Like 1