March 7th, 2020 Carnival Panorama Delayed Embarkation

5 minutes ago, cruisingadget said:

They did that once that I can recall when Long Beach was closed due to large ocean swells. 

If it comes to that and they have enough room, San Pedro would be a better choice as Long Beach and San Pedro are very close to one another.

My Aunt once had a ship not able to pull into port. Carnival contacted them to be at the local airport, they were put on a Fed Ex cargo plane and flew them to the port the ship was docked at. Maybe they can fly people between Long Beach and San Diego if San Pedro is full.

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Do you have the hub?  Have you gotten any word?

Yes, I just checked (leftover from PANORAMA cruise). Apparently, I have to get on the ship to "tune in" to the Carnival internet. Great idea the hub. Not sure on this 4-dayer how many true blue Carnival cruiser there will be on it(the Meet'nGreet thread is non-existent). So it will be fun. Have done it many times and treat it as a "sandwich" cruise used in between longer cruises on newer ships. Retired now and have no place to be so if they want to cruise around the Pacific for a couple of weeks while they clear us all, it's fine with me. 🙂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Yes, I just checked (leftover from PANORAMA cruise). Apparently, I have to get on the ship to "tune in" to the Carnival internet. Great idea the hub. Not sure on this 4-dayer how many true blue Carnival cruiser there will be on it(the Meet'nGreet thread is non-existent). So it will be fun. Have done it many times and treat it as a "sandwich" cruise used in between longer cruises on newer ships. Retired now and have no place to be so if they want to cruise around the Pacific for a couple of weeks while they clear us all, it's fine with me. 🙂

I was confused (apparently doing that a lot today....) I meant have they emailed you or texted you, have you signed up for that?  Good luck on sailing around for two weeks😂

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, InspireLiberty said:

7:42 update

Carnival Panorama 03/07/2020: We are working on a detailed email update for you. It will be sent to you within the next 30 minutes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Here it comes....   ☹

3 minutes ago, InspireLiberty said:

7:42 update

Carnival Panorama 03/07/2020: We are working on a detailed email update for you. It will be sent to you within the next 30 minutes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Rut roh....

According to the Live thread by Saint Greg, they opened up the original cabins and re-delivered the luggage. I think they're gonna be there a while.

ETA: They are not going to disembark all the passengers at this time of night with no plans for them as far as hotels and such. They're staying put.

Edited by tonit964
Added info

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I was confused (apparently doing that a lot today....) I meant have they emailed you or texted you, have you signed up for that?  Good luck on sailing around for two weeks😂

Just checked. Only ONE telling me to get the Hub app, which I already have.  I got 3 notifications that you have quoted me, however. LOL 🙂

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Which would make the Imagination stuck at sea I believe.  Is the Regal Princess at port in San Pedro?

It's the Royal Princess at San Pedro ... and today's cruise was canceled a couple of hours ago so I imagine it is still docked there at the current time.  

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

It's the Royal Princess at San Pedro ... and today's cruise was canceled a couple of hours ago so I imagine it is still docked there at the current time.  

Thanks

• Like 1

Email has arrived. 

CARNIVAL PANORAMA

NOW DEPARTING MARCH 8, 2020

March 7, 2020

Dear Carnival Panorama Guests,

We want to provide you with an update for our embarkation plans for your cruise and express our appreciation for your patience and cooperation throughout the day.

We are still waiting for the test results for the guest who was disembarked this morning from the previous cruise. The guest had not traveled internationally and does not meet the CDC criteria that puts them in an at-risk category for coronavirus. We had been told we would have the results back by 6:00 PM but it is obvious that the lab has missed that deadline. 

We now intend to operate your cruise as a six-day sailing departing on Sunday, as it is clear, given the late hour, that we will not be able to conduct embarkation for your cruise this evening. You will receive a pro-rated one-day refund of your cruise fare, in addition to the US$200, per stateroom, onboard credit we previously communicated this week. A one-day adjustment will also be made to any pre-purchased beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and gratuities will be also be adjusted to reflect the shortened duration. 

Unfortunately, we will have to cancel our call to Mazatlan. Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions and the taxes, fees and port expenses for Mazatlan will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account.

We will provide you with an update tomorrow morning with your embarkation hours. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have heard from us. 

Should you need a hotel for this evening, we will reimburse up to US$200, per room, for lodging expenses and a US$50, per person, meal allowance. Please send receipts to guestcare@carnival.com. Any parking expenses for today will be waived.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your cruise. We recognize the impact this has had on your vacation and should you decide to cancel, a full refund of your cruise fare will be provided, along with any pre-purchased items, such as Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages. If you decide to cancel, please send an email to guestcare@carnival.com so we can process your refund. It will be credited to your original form of payment in approximately three weeks. Please be aware our call center is experiencing higher than normal call volume and it is not necessary to call us to request a refund.

If you plan to sail and haven't already done so, we kindly ask that you sign up for our text alert for this cruise by texting CCL3 to 278473 (CRUISE). 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding. Our entire Carnival Panorama staff and crew are looking forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely, 

Colleen Oliverio Signature

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Email has arrived. 

CARNIVAL PANORAMA

March 7, 2020

We want to provide you with an update for our embarkation plans for your cruise and express our appreciation for your patience and cooperation throughout the day.

We are still waiting for the test results for the guest who was disembarked this morning from the previous cruise. The guest had not traveled internationally and does not meet the CDC criteria that puts them in an at-risk category for coronavirus. We had been told we would have the results back by 6:00 PM but it is obvious that the lab has missed that deadline. 

We now intend to operate your cruise as a six-day sailing departing on Sunday, as it is clear, given the late hour, that we will not be able to conduct embarkation for your cruise this evening. You will receive a pro-rated one-day refund of your cruise fare, in addition to the US$200, per stateroom, onboard credit we previously communicated this week. A one-day adjustment will also be made to any pre-purchased beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and gratuities will be also be adjusted to reflect the shortened duration. 

Unfortunately, we will have to cancel our call to Mazatlan. Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions and the taxes, fees and port expenses for Mazatlan will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account.

We will provide you with an update tomorrow morning with your embarkation hours. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have heard from us. 

Should you need a hotel for this evening, we will reimburse up to US$200, per room, for lodging expenses and a US$50, per person, meal allowance. Please send receipts to guestcare@carnival.com. Any parking expenses for today will be waived.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your cruise. We recognize the impact this has had on your vacation and should you decide to cancel, a full refund of your cruise fare will be provided, along with any pre-purchased items, such as Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages. If you decide to cancel, please send an email to guestcare@carnival.com so we can process your refund. It will be credited to your original form of payment in approximately three weeks. Please be aware our call center is experiencing higher than normal call volume and it is not necessary to call us to request a refund.

If you plan to sail and haven't already done so, we kindly ask that you sign up for our text alert for this cruise by texting CCL3 to 278473 (CRUISE). 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding. Our entire Carnival Panorama staff and crew are looking forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely, 

Exactly what I thought would happen. Now it's official. 

• Like 1

Email has arrived. 

CARNIVAL PANORAMA

March 7, 2020

Sincerely, 

Wow ... sorry to hear this.  Looks like the passengers from the Royal Princess had a two hour head start on getting those hotel rooms.  Hope there are plenty to book for all passengers that need one for tonight.  

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

Wow ... sorry to hear this.  Looks like the passengers from the Royal Princess had a two hour head start on getting those hotel rooms.  Hope there are plenty to book for all passengers that need one for tonight.  

At least the LA area is huge and can easily accommodate 2000+ people needing hotel for the night. 

Email has arrived. 

CARNIVAL PANORAMA

March 7, 2020

Sincerely, 
Colleen%2BOliverio%2BSignature.JPG&key=2

God I’m so sorry. This puts so many people looking for a place to sleep tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Exactly what I thought would happen. Now it's official. 

The saga continues......  despite whatever the outcome, the feds or whomever called for the test, need to get a much better handle on testing. Unacceptable, and goes to show how really unprepared we are to handle this whole thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beav1279 said:

At least the LA area is huge and can easily accommodate 2000+ people needing hotel for the night. 

Oh good ... but there are 2500 from the Royal and then probably at least that many from the Panorama ... so now, 5000.  But, like you said, LA should have the accommodations available provided nothing else is going on down there.  And, I'm sure there are many people from the area that will just choose to sleep in their own beds ... so won't need a hotel.  

• Like 1

Depending on when the results come in and what they are. The current Panorama guests maybe stuck awhile. I hope this gets cleared up overnight and it's business as usual tomorrow. As we said earlier, how is Imagination going to pull in tomorrow with Panorama still there. Have the Imagination guests embarking tomorrow been notified yet of changes?