San Diego Embarkation

57redbird

Along this line, but with no direct experience (hope you don't mind): April 15 is more than a month away and the situation is evolving and fluid.  I think you need to stay on top of the news to decide for yourselves whether to cancel, or if the cruise line is going to cancel for you. Thousands of people are in the same situation as you are, ourselves included on another line. We are all waiting to hear what is going to happen, or when we need to decide.

Here is the Port of San Diego 2020 schedule (scroll down); I suggest you monitor the various roll calls and see what's being discussed.

https://pantheonstorage.blob.core.windows.net/maritime/Port-of-San-Diego-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

And why do you think you will be denied boarding?  What makes you suspect...what makes anyone else suspect? 

And, if you ARE suspect....I hope they will be denying you boarding. Wouldn't that be appropriate?

You are over a month away. One heck of a lot can change in that month.

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

I was hoping OP would come back, but I see in another thread they have cancelled the cruise they are concerned about.

I'm back ---  there are more cruises that, hopefully, will be 'safer' in the future --- hubby has heart issues & I have COPD --- it's more that we're concerned about being quarantined on the ship than actually getting sick. ourselves.

• Like 2

San Diego public officials have just declared the County of San Diego to be an area of community transmission of the virus and have recommended that all individuals over the age of 60 minimize being in areas that involve contact with the public. They have also ordered the cancellation of gatherings involving 250 or more individuals.

• 3 weeks later...

And now San Diego is allowing no gatherings of people who are not in a family household. Beaches and parks are closed. Theaters, and bars are all closed. All sit-down restaurants are closed (but may provide take-out or delivery service). All businesses not listed in the CA Governor's list of "essential businesses" are closed, and people are being told to stay at home, although walking around your neighborhood, while maintaining the minimum 6' social distancing) is still allowed. The Governor has said he expects this to be the case for CA for a minimum of 12 weeks (10 more weeks now), so that would put it up through nearly the end of May.  Our new COVID-19 cases are doubling every 2 days in San Diego, so this crisis is very real. No one should be considering traveling to San Diego, nor from San Diego elsewhere except in a dire emergency.

Edited by Splinter