I successfully canceled my May cruise - here is advice for all

first there is a special number to call 1 800 256 6649 that differs from the other number for reservations.  It is a 24 hr number too and is found as part of the message on the main screen when logging on.

I got through in exactly 30 seconds.  lucky me

Now, for my May 8th cruise, they calculated 50% of the base fare as a credit to my card, and then the other 50% as a FCC good until Dec 31 2021.

Also I will get tips, tax, transfers credit to my card.  Any thing prepaid will be a separate transaction to credit card.  I was on  hold for 23 mins as supervisor had to check the math.

SO DO THE MATH BEFORE YOU CALL to know what you should get and verify before hanging up. The system was not calculating the credits and FCC correctly.  and as a side note, I am getting $46 more back by hey I won't complain

YOU WILL GET A CANCEL NUMBER and make sure you do as no email will come for the cancel but it will come for the FCC...

And lastly, the lady told me a LOT  of people are cancelling Europe more than say the FLA cruises.

good luck all.  I will wait and see on my SOS in April and I guess I will miss doing the vision to Italy this year and use money to  pay for Odyssey to Greece next year.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, csnarpy said:

Nice work!

It amazing, because i think i want to go to Europe more than ever now. (just maybe not Italy, lol)

As right now; on my Allure trip in May they told me today they are cancelling Italy ports but it’s not confirmed yet. She told me I have 48 hours before sailing to cancel. 

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

first there is a special number to call 1 800 256 6649 that differs from the other number for reservations.  It is a 24 hr number too and is found as part of the message on the main screen when logging on.

Now, for my May 8th cruise, they calculated 50% of the base fare as a credit to my card, and then the other 50% as a FCC good until Dec 31 2021.

Also I will get tips, tax, transfers credit to my card.  Any thing prepaid will be a separate transaction to credit card.  I was on  hold for 23 mins as supervisor had to check the math.

SO DO THE MATH BEFORE YOU CALL to know what you should get and verify before hanging up. The system was not calculating the credits and FCC correctly.  and as a side note, I am getting $46 more back by hey I won't complain

YOU WILL GET A CANCEL NUMBER and make sure you do as no email will come for the cancel but it will come for the FCC...

And lastly, the lady told me a LOT  of people are cancelling Europe more than say the FLA cruises.

good luck all.  I will wait and see on my SOS in April and I guess I will miss doing the vision to Italy this year and use money to  pay for Odyssey to Greece next year.

Nice that they are giving half back in actual money back to your cc- I thought it would all be in the form of a FCC- 

It sounds like refund followed the normal policy for cancellations based on the time before cruising and the rest was in FCC.  

That sounds like way it should be done and is good policy...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Cancelled 1 of my cruises yesterday for April and immediately rebooked it at a better rate and cabin and saved money 

Did you get the FCC and apply it to the same cruise?

2 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

I got some as a FCC which when it comes through i'll apply it to a Dec cruise the rest was used on the new booking 

That's what I thought, which won't work for me.  I don't have any additional Royal cruises on the horizon for now (sadly) and there is the darned wedding that is tying up a lot of my play money (but our kids are worth it in thousands of ways!)...

12 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Was the FCC split equally between each guest or was it split based on how much each guest paid as listed on the invoice?

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was the FCC split equally between each guest or was it split based on how much each guest paid as listed on the invoice?

I am assuming -- the FCC will be linked to the main guest because there is only one cancellation # (which for me was the original booking # from RCCL, as I booked via a TA, as per my TA).

3 minutes ago, xcell said:

I am assuming -- the FCC will be linked to the main guest because there is only one cancellation # (which for me was the original booking # from RCCL, as I booked via a TA, as per my TA).

Unfortunately not.. Each person listed on the reservation gets a FCC in their own name and is non transferable.  The question is how are the funds divided.  In the past it has always been based on what the invoice states but there was a recent post by someone saying that they were told by Royal that it was split equally.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.. Each person listed on the reservation gets a FCC in their own name and is non transferable.  The question is how are the funds divided.  In the past it has always been based on what the invoice states but there was a recent post by someone saying that they were told by Royal that it was split equally.

So does that mean, for instance, I had 2 cabins with 2 in each cabin.

Everyone will get a FCC but my TA said to keep my original booking # because that would be my reference to my FCC for the cabin (of 2).

So when I am booking a new cruise and I put all in the same room (4) -- I can apply everyones FCC to that new room?

Because I am assuming that I have to book 2 different cabins to apply 2 different FCC reference numbers to the booking.

As per the 100% refundable portions (port taxes, prepaid grats, etc...) that just goes back to the form of original payment (which in my case was my CC).

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That seems like the way it should be done IMHO

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, xcell said:

So does that mean, for instance, I had 2 cabins with 2 in each cabin.

Everyone will get a FCC but my TA said to keep my original booking # because that would be my reference to my FCC for the cabin (of 2).

So when I am booking a new cruise and I put all in the same room (4) -- I can apply everyones FCC to that new room?

Because I am assuming that I have to book 2 different cabins to apply 2 different FCC reference numbers to the booking.

As per the 100% refundable portions (port taxes, prepaid grats, etc...) that just goes back to the form of original payment (which in my case was my CC).

The reference numbers mean nothing other than to identify the FCC and who is listed on it.  Whether you had or get 1 or 2 cabins does not matter.  The FCC is in each individuals name for their share of the cruise cost and must be and can only be applied to that persons name.

You cannot keep your original booking number unless you are before final payment.  Your original booking number will be lost.  You book a new cruise and put down a deposit and then apply the FCC.  If there is enough money on the FCC to cover the deposit then the deposit will be refunded.

The 100% refundable portion all goes back to the credit card that was used to pay.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The reference numbers mean nothing other than to identify the FCC and who is listed on it.  Whether you had or get 1 or 2 cabins does not matter.  The FCC is in each individuals name for their share of the cruise cost and must be and can only be applied to that persons name.

You cannot keep your original booking number unless you are before final payment.  Your original booking number will be lost.  You book a new cruise and put down a deposit and then apply the FCC.  If there is enough money on the FCC to cover the deposit then the deposit will be refunded.

The 100% refundable portion all goes back to the credit card that was used to pay.

They said my old booking number is the reference number for my FCC (well, that's what my TA said).

Just now, xcell said:

They said my old booking number is the reference number for my FCC (well, that's what my TA said).

Maybe but it will not stay with the new booking.

4) I'm within Final Payment and I know exactly when I want to cruise again. Can I just change my ship and sail date and not get the Future Cruise Certificate?

• We're happy to hear you've already planned your future cruise with us! Unfortunately, we won't be able to change your ship and sail date within the Final Payment period. What we can do is create a new booking and collect deposit so it's ready to go when your Future Cruise Certificate becomes available to use. Don't worry - if the credit covers the deposit, it ends up going back to you. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor.

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

Nice that they are giving half back in actual money back to your cc- I thought it would all be in the form of a FCC- 

They are in the 50% penalty period for a May cruise. Normally if they cancel now they would get 50% back in cash and lose 50% as a penalty. Instead that penalty is returned as FCC.

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As I thought about it, I’d rather not have it equally. Could run into a situation where if you book a future cruise and say it has the “60% off second guest” promo, you could end up with using all the FCC for first person and have to fork over some $$, and having too much FCC for second person and having to have another cruise to utilize it all. 

Im fine with it being based on invoice amounts. 

mac_tlc

30 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

As I thought about it, I’d rather not have it equally. Could run into a situation where if you book a future cruise and say it has the “60% off second guest” promo, you could end up with using all the FCC for first person and have to fork over some $$, and having too much FCC for second person and having to have another cruise to utilize it all. 

Im fine with it being based on invoice amounts. 

mac_tlc

Agreed. It needs to stay based on invoice amounts. Coukd you imagine a family that always travels KSF. They could never use the FCC

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Would you have complained if you got $46 less or Royal came back and said they made a mistake?

Asking for a friend. 

I was doing the math as she the agent was processing and I told her the credit card refund was too much by $46. She said that was the total and so I said ok. I would have argued if it was less because the math is easy.

It is penalty amount (mine was 50%) and the tax, tips , transfers. So four numbers is easy to calculate. Shore excursions will come separately. 

BTW I could have requested all the base fare as FCC, but that would have meant more time on hold. And they are open 24 hours so remember that too.

Good luck to all. Still debating my SOS from Miami Apr 25th.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am solo but I assume it would be per person.

Oh and the agent was very pleasant to deal with. She had to get supervisor to check calculations.