Ships turned away?

OhioScubaGirl

I have seen one or two reports of ships not stopping at Grand Cayman.   I am trying to get factual information about this.  Can anyone tell me what has been happening?   Was this an isolated incident?   Grand Cayman is a must do for us so we are trying to weigh options. 

One MSC ship was turned away, is what I saw in the news, due to a crew member who was sick with flu-like symptoms.  Same ship was also turned away from another port the day before.

https://www.caymancompass.com/2020/02/26/updated-cayman-turns-away-cruise-ship-amid-coronavirus-concerns/

Considering there’s 2-6 ships a day, I’d say it’s an isolated incident.  You should be fine unless your ship has illness on board when you get there, and if you do you’ve got bigger issues than missing a port...

52 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

One MSC ship was turned away, is what I saw in the news, due to a crew member who was sick with flu-like symptoms.  Same ship was also turned away from another port the day before.

https://www.caymancompass.com/2020/02/26/updated-cayman-turns-away-cruise-ship-amid-coronavirus-concerns/

Considering there’s 2-6 ships a day, I’d say it’s an isolated incident.  You should be fine unless your ship has illness on board when you get there, and if you do you’ve got bigger issues than missing a port...

That's a good point that multiple ships stop each day.  We would be hearing more about it if it were several ships.  Having someone (even one person) sick on board is concerning me right now. 

Has anyone heard anything about Carnival changing upcoming itineraries from Grand Cayman to a different port?  Their website still lists Grand Cayman but some people are reporting hearing about changes.  (can't find anything official, just rumblings) 

28 minutes ago, OhioScubaGirl said:

Has anyone heard anything about Carnival changing upcoming itineraries from Grand Cayman to a different port?  Their website still lists Grand Cayman but some people are reporting hearing about changes.  (can't find anything official, just rumblings) 

See the two posts immediately preceding yours.

• Like 2