What to do re. cruising and the Covid-19 crisis?

SpeedySal

8 minutes ago, Plan B said:

Great news!  I hope you don't mind me asking and I know you say FOC but was there a difference in the cost of the old cruise and new cruise?   And do Costa get to hold on to all your money for another 12 months?  Thanks

So randomly Costa didn’t have our full payment (they never chased us for it and with everything going on I wasn’t going to give them anymore money!).  The new cruise leaves from Rome rather than Barcelona and was a couple of hundred pounds more.  They just transferred our deposit over and didn’t ask for any more money. 

But I checked my dads cruise and he should be able to upgrade to a balcony room and still paid £200 less (If we ever get a response from travel agents!) so I guess it depends on cabin class etc.  Have a look on their website and you should be able to see how much a new cruise would be. 

Feeling very frustrated with the approach that everything will be back to normal on 3rd April.  As my flights ( and now realised I'd paid up front for my post cruise hotel!!) are to Barcelona I need a refund to help pay for the land based trip in Spain.  

• 2 weeks later...