Please recommend a beach

CharmCity2000

Due to the insanely low fares at the moment, I find myself taking the kids on vacation in 3 weeks.  We've been to grand cayman and have done the stingrays.  I know the beaches are all beautiful but I'm looking for a place/resort that offers a bit more activity.  The kids are 9 and 12.  Their favorite beach is Mambo Beach in Curacao.  It has a calm protected area, rocks to jump on, shopping, easily accessible food, a playground, and wifi can easily be found.  When we go, we rent a few chairs and an umbrella and then the kids go off and play.  It's a bonus with the aqua park is up.

Is there a location similar to that in GC?  The kids need more than just sitting on the beach and reading a book.  No one is interested in doing any sightseeing.

You want Public Beach, next to Calico Jack’s.  Playground, rental chairs/umbrellas/watersports, food and drinks, restrooms, etc.  Snorkeling is only mediocre, but at that age the kids won’t likely care. 

Hop a taxi or bus to get there and back.  Shopping is all around the port area, so can be done when you return before lining up for the tenders.

Not sure if Calico Jacks has wifi, though.  You’ll have to ask when you get there.  A few places near the port have it (there’s signs) or Burger King (halfway between the port and Public Beach) has it if you just need to make a quick stop to check social media and such.

Edited by bookbabe